WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Keith579 View Post
    Bring it on, I am not shy about countering your elitist holier than thou attitude.
    LOL...you knew the rules and you showed up late anyway, they accommodated you even though you weren't following their rules, and you're upset why?

Images

+1 on that John. The original poster (OP) seems to project self centered entitlement issues. Bring some to wonder what type of body language was also projected by the OP. Just because 'spaces' were open doesn't mean the people weren't there.
    I am well again, I came to life in the cool winds and crystal waters of the mountains...

~ John Muir ~

Yes, once again we have to say...

What part of the clearly spelled out rules do you not understand??

Let the kid hitchhike out like the rest of us, and pick him up in Millinocket.

I once heard a legend, of the thread that would not die. A grenade was posted into a game of hot potato, and the poster promptly left never to return again, satisfied with the damage wrought

Keith, during that time of the yr BSP gets very very busy and has to put a quota on how many they let into what areas. It's so competitive to gain entry that the vehicle lines at some gates start forming before 4 a.m.

I've been to BSP twice. Once, we got to the gate at 6 a.m. and within 5 mins there were 6 cars behind us and the Rangers put a barricade behind that last car to turn oithers away. They number of cars in that line wre met. If they allow further vehicles to enter that same gate they must do it on a let's see who has left the park hr to hr basis. For you to just not show up at the appointed time and expect to be allowed in when you want wouldn't exactly be fair to others. Now, would it be? But, perhaps sure maybe you met someone who was tired and they even came off rude. but when you break rules accept that things might not always work out as you would like.

It seems like you were admitted and reunited with your hikers in spite of the rules as you could have had to wait outside of the park. I have found the rangers to be friendly and helpful when we visited there before. On a different note, if you ride a motorcycle don't even think of going to BSP as they are not permitted within the park.

Images

I found the park staff to be very friendly and helpful

I wouldnt expect customer service from Park Ranger. They are there to enforce the rules and I am sure with the govt shutdown that they are all alittle pissed. You might not like it, but you have to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance View Post
    I wouldnt expect customer service from Park Ranger. They are there to enforce the rules and I am sure with the govt shutdown that they are all alittle pissed. You might not like it, but you have to deal with it.
    Baxter isn't federal

My fiance is a cop. She's there to protect and serve.... but it doesnt say anything about service with a smile. That's someone else's motto.

We also found the Baxter rangers to be very pleasant and helpful.

Thru hiker or not every time I have visited BSP it has been GLORIOUS!

The Baxter rangers do a great job with a tough set of situations to deal with. You would be surprised on how much they are willing to help you, if you are courteous, patient, and friendly. If you had solutions to some of the perceived problems you had, why not state them? Sounds like someone really does think being an AT thru-hiker gives him/her some sort of special, mystical status that sets them apart from other visitors/hikers. Also, with this partial Federal shutdown, it doesn't affect Baxter or any state/county forest. I know there have been alot of confusion, even with the Feds, shutting down areas they don't own or control.
    Last edited by lilricky; 10-15-2013 at 09:12.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++