WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Life Unbolted, Thanks for giving it a read!

Greetings all,

I offered my book, Life Unbolted for free last week and some 2,500 readers took me up on the offer! I just wanted to say thanks for the read. My decision to give the eBook was simple, "Generosity starts for the heart and not the wallet"

Happy and peaceful trails!

Patrick

Journal Entries
    Images
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Thanks again, I've yet to tackle it...but will move it to the top of my reading list...

Quote Originally Posted by Life Unbolted View Post
    Greetings all,

I offered my book, Life Unbolted for free last week and some 2,500 readers took me up on the offer! I just wanted to say thanks for the read. My decision to give the eBook was simple, "Generosity starts for the heart and not the wallet"

Happy and peaceful trails!

Patrick
    Thanks Patrick. You indeed are generous with a warm heart.

As an Atheist/Skeptic, I'm finding the book hard to read from the get go. Actually, just a bit hard to read in general. Patrick's not even on the trail for 100 miles and he's gone too metaphysical for me, so much so that it's a distraction. If that's how it was experienced, so be it. But it seems odd that these transformational moments happened even before his trail persona/legs even developed.

However, due to the good reviews and the generous sharing of his book on WhiteBlaze, I will try and push through the book and, therefore, take it in it's totality...and then see what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by markdek View Post
    As an Atheist/Skeptic, I'm finding the book hard to read from the get go. Actually, just a bit hard to read in general. Patrick's not even on the trail for 100 miles and he's gone too metaphysical for me, so much so that it's a distraction. If that's how it was experienced, so be it. But it seems odd that these transformational moments happened even before his trail persona/legs even developed.

However, due to the good reviews and the generous sharing of his book on WhiteBlaze, I will try and push through the book and, therefore, take it in it's totality...and then see what I think.
    I think for a lot of people, just getting to the starting line is a transformational experience. I had it all figured out and all the logistics accounted for, and then life got in the way. Now I feel like I should take the AT off my dream list simply because the odds of me ever getting to experience a thru-hike on the AT seem, from this standpoint, to be astronomical. I think if I ever got to stand there at the tip of the trail with a thru hike ahead of me, I would cry.

I'm an atheist as well, but I wouldn't last ten minutes on the trail in a thru hike attempt without feeling like the experience transformed me. Just my two cents. I missed the freebee day, so I haven't read the book.

I havn't downloaded it yet. I am sorry. I have heard a few some good things about it though.

++ New Posts ++