WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I carry a Swiss Army in a pouch on my waist belt. Used to carry in my pocket, but seldom had a need to use.

Journal Entries
    Images

I carry a Gerber multi-purpose tool and and a regular German made pocket knife. Personally I don't think many hikers prefer neck knives just from the sales I do with hikers....

Quote Originally Posted by Kookork View Post
    Here is the most complete collection of the neck knives I have seen on internet. It is just fun to browse :

http://www2.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_store.html?ttl=Lists...Knives.all.buyessays.cheap&b=neck&
    Any experience with KnifeCenter? I've checked these two: Schrade SCH111 Karambit Neck Knife 2.97" and Columbia River CRKT 2389 Folts Keramin Neck Knife 2.31" And I can't decide (should I get both perhaps?). Anyone who used it already? Thanks.
    Sorry for bumping. I need something good and convenient (preferably cheap as well).

I have a small swiss army knife that is part of my first aid kit. I rarely use it except for removing a splinter or thorn and occasionally having to cut to size some it tape with the scissors.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Check out my youtube channel
    Ramdino Roaming the Trails

I carry the MT-Knives Genesis.

https://mtknives.net/

That is a great knife, although I am a little bias Thanks for the shout out Uncle Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Joe View Post
    I carry the MT-Knives Genesis.

https://mtknives.net/

I don't really care for neck knives, but the ESEE Candiru or ESEE Izula would both be good choices. The Candiru is 1.7oz and comes with a nice secure sheath that can be inverted. Oh yeah, you can get them in any color you want:

The Mora series are obviously great for the money as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyBonnette View Post
    Any experience with KnifeCenter? I've checked these two: Schrade SCH111 Karambit Neck Knife 2.97" and Columbia River CRKT 2389 Folts Keramin Neck Knife 2.31" And I can't decide (should I get both perhaps?). Anyone who used it already? Thanks.
    Sorry for bumping. I need something good and convenient (preferably cheap as well).
    I've bought from Knifecenter before. Their prices aren't always the best, but they're otherwise good to go.

ETA: I'd think hard about getting a karambit style knife. They're really nasty looking for self defense, but trying to do any camp chores with something like that is going to be difficult.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++