WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Studlintsean View Post
    Mtbkngxt- Total mileage is about 60 miles (12 miles a day) and I'd like to head out early Thursday morning October 10 and finish October 14. Will likely have one other guy coming as well. Let me know if your interested in tagging long.

Deerhunter- We would likely not finish until later in the afternoon on Monday. Thanks for the offer though. Any suggestions for a shuttle from 60?

I haven't used any of these but off of the ATC shuttle list:

Buddy Johnson
    Lexington, VA
    (540) 464-1281
    (540) 817-9168
    [email protected]
    Bearwallow Gap to Rockfish Gap, possibly further. Five to seven days notice preferred. Also work at outfitter in Lexington, Va. A.T. 2,000-miler 1992-2002.

Gary Serra Buena Vista, VA (757)-681-2254
    [email protected] Points north and south of Rt. 501/James River footbridge

Robert M. Bird
    Rockbridge Taxi Service
    Buena Vista, VA
    (540) 261-7733
    (540) 261-8816 8 pm – 12 am best time to call to arrange pick-up.
    Rate locally $2/mile. $50 to Staunton, $70 to Roanoke, $90 to Charlottesville, $275 to DC. Prefer 24 hours notice. Can carry 2 or 3 hikers with packs; more without packs.

Earl and Lois Arnold
    Montebello, VA
    (540) 377-2119
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    Rockfish Gap to James River
    Also operate B&B; Free lunch for thru-hikers, 11-1, May to June.

Pam Bennett
    Fishersville, VA
    (540) 447-6882
    [email protected]
    Available early mornings, evenings and weekends. Willing to travel a radius of 100 miles in any direction from
    Waynesboro (Rockfish Gap) for shuttle service when available. Plenty of
    advance notice advised and appreciated. Dogs welcome. Participates in the Waynesboro volunteer local shuttle network.

Greg Bruno
    Waynesboro, VA
    (540) 949-0770
    [email protected]
    www.trailangel.org
    Available any day for shuttles within 100 miles of Waynesboro, VA. Free shuttles between Rockfish Gap and Waynesboro. Four-wheel drive SUV can comfortably transport up to 3 hikers and packs.

Joan Byrne
    Waynesboro, VA
    (224) 628-3517
    Shuttles for A.T. hikers; call for details

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Thanks Deer Hunter. I will use this list to line up a shuttle once I firm the details and get closer to the date.

Images

If anyone is interested from Richmond area, our meetup group is doing the Va Triple Crown section in October.

http://www.meetup.com/OCBackpackers/events/136525712/

Hi all bspycc79 and I are doing front royal to Morgan mill road September 20-22 let us know if interested in joining us.possibly going up on the 19th and hiking in a bit then heading out in the am.
    I believe we are taking 2 cars so there is plenty of room

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Namtrag View Post
    If anyone is interested from Richmond area, our meetup group is doing the Va Triple Crown section in October.

http://www.meetup.com/OCBackpackers/events/136525712/
    Signed up for that trip this morning.

Images

I'll be doing Daleville to Glasgow or Glasgow to Daleville soon, so if anyone is interested send me a PM. I have a friend in Daleville who will shuttle.

Images

I thought I'd post this here too: I am planning a Harper's Ferry to Rockfish Gap or RG to HF to start in a week or two. Anyone want to hike along? Should have some good scenery with the leaves starting to turn and meet some Sobos. Let me know if you are interested.

I'd like to do that hike. When are you thinking about leaving?

I just noticed that you said "in a week or two". That's going to be too soon for me. I'm thinking towards the end of October.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Onedawg View Post
    I just noticed that you said "in a week or two". That's going to be too soon for me. I'm thinking towards the end of October.
    Later in October I may hike south of Daleville. I want to do the SNP section before too many leaf peepers invade the park.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjam View Post
    Later in October I may hike south of Daleville. I want to do the SNP section before too many leaf peepers invade the park.
    Third week of October is the usual peak for colors in SNP.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Images

Exactly what i mean.

Images

Well I've had to make a change in my plans, thanks to our wonderful politicians who can only agree to disagree, and cancel my Harper's Ferry to Rockfish trip. So I've re-directed everything to go south from Daleville. I'll do the HF to SNP after congress gets their act together.Thank you my wonderful public servants paid with my tax money for screwing up my plans. Anyone interested in hiking along send me a pm.

Well I've had to make a change in my plans, thanks to our wonderful politicians who can only agree to disagree, and cancel my Harper's Ferry to Rockfish trip. So I've re-directed everything to go south from Daleville. I'll do the HF to SNP after congress gets their act together.Thank you my wonderful public servants paid with my tax money for screwing up my plans. Anyone interested in hiking along send me a pm.
    JJ.. you won't be alone hiking the trail around Daleville.. I just got on the trail today- I was hiking with a local hiking group and met a SOBO section hiker. He said there are lots of hikers on the trail. Section hikers and SOBO thru's.

Sorry about the change in ur plans.. this really stinks.

Good news --- the BRP is still open for vehicles!!
    Services along the BRP are closed but not the road itself.

Images

Shmyabix, how about posting any water problems if you run into any. I was going to do this section after my HF section, so I don't mind too much. This section does have some cool things and nice views.

Shmyabix, how about posting any water problems if you run into any. I was going to do this section after my HF section, so I don't mind too much. This section does have some cool things and nice views.
    I will try keep everyone posted on the water situation.

I just hiked Black Horse Gap( SOBO) past Wilson Creek Shelter to Salt Pond Rd. (right before Fulhardt Knob Shelter) The water sources are not all dry but low. Surprising since we have had a wet summer.

JJ, you will be hiking south from Daleville. I do know that there has been reports of not much water in this area. Teacher & Snacktime, Deer Hunter and myself hiked 6 jugs of water up to the trail, last weekend. (Off of Rt. 311) I will try my best to keep water jugs in that area.

You will love that section.. it will not disappoint! :>) The weather right now is beautiful!! I think it will stay this way for a good while.

Images

Time for some fresh air with a view. I am heading for the hills tomorrow morning- anyone up for a day hike somewhere on the AT between say Big Meadows and McAfee?

Time for some fresh air with a view. I am heading for the hills tomorrow morning- anyone up for a day hike somewhere on the AT between say Big Meadows and McAfee?
    JJ... I hope you can find someone to get out and hike with ya, today. I have the flu- it's bad.

Images

Hey HM I hope you feel better soon. I hiked solo, it was fun although on the chilly side at about 23*.

Hey JJ... glad you got out there! :>) 23* is a bit nippy but it is winter. :P Thanks for the well wishes. Just sipping some hot tea & trying not to think about how bad I feel... blah!

Maybe you can join us this Spring (April) when we will be hiking near Deer Hunter in Buena Vista. We'll put it out here when it gets closer... I'm glad you had a good hike!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++