WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Images

They are not WB members, but I did enjoy meeting the Swedish Bikini Backpacking Team on Tray Mt. They were very intriguing and interesting with huge personalities.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    They are not WB members, but I did enjoy meeting the Swedish Bikini Backpacking Team on Tray Mt. They were very intriguing and interesting with huge personalities.

I love peoples with big personalities, then I can kick back, relax, and watch the show.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I love peoples with big personalities, then I can kick back, relax, and watch the show.
    Allmansrattens.

Which literally translates to all men are rats.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    Allmansrattens.

Which literally translates to all men are rats.
    Ooooh, So that's why they need all that open space to roam

Images

matthewski.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    I'd say Jack Tarlin - I like the way he thinks and expresses himself.

Mags is super-awesome, seems like to me.

Marta, too. She seems to be deep waters, I like her calm and presence.

Among the Mod/Admin staff, I've grown to respect and appreciate Alligator, who I think is wicked smaht and also deep waters. One of your more intriguing reptiles around.

Rain Man's a nice guy - I like him but haven't met him.

10-K and Cookerhiker seem like really cool and interesting people.

HikerMom, you're a lovely sweet dear. Would be fun to hike with you or get into other mischief - PG-rated, of course.

Only just getting to know Illabelle, who seems quite interesting, too.

I'm sure there are others not coming to mind right away - Cosmo the trail maintaining legend of the Berkshires and Jeff of Green Mountain Hostel come to mind as I say that.

I've met maybe a 20 people from WB, almost all very smart, pleasant and interesting people. I'd like to get to know Chaco Taco and Migrating Bird better than the brief, unawares passings we had out on trail.
    Wow! Didn't think I'd merit a mention on this thread. Thanks Driver8!

I've met a few WBers (shuttlers LW and 10-K, and a few non-posting WB members and lurkers). I suspect many of us are pretty different in person than we may appear here. On WB the only way to express yourself is with the keyboard. All the non-verbal stuff that helps to convey who we are is left out of the equation. How we look, where we look, what we look at, who we look at, how much our eyes shift around while we talk or while we listen, etc, etc. And of course, who we are on the trail is different from who we are in "real life." On the trail we're all hikers, we're all dirty, we're all hungry, we're all interested in water sources, bears, and the next climb - so much in common!

I welcome meeting any WBer on trail, and adding a layer of realness to the WB persona.

It's always cool to meet a WBer in person, especially if you've only "known" him/her for years through cyberspace. I like Weary's posts and respect him for all he's done for the trail and consequently was thrilled to finally meet him in person at the 2009 ATC biennial. I consider Mags an interesting, level-headed, clear-thinking person as well as a treasure of knowledge about hiking all trails and in less than 2 weeks, I'll meet him for the first time when I pass through Colorado en-route to California.

In the past 2 1/2 years, I've enjoyed meeting Rain Man, Jeff, Blissful, Handlebar, JohnnyBGood, Jersey Dave, Kerosene, HikerMom and others. And it was a pleasure to meet 10-K last March when I shuttled him for his Sheltowee Trace thruhike. I've met Alligator several times including one occasion when we were both section hiking the same stretch.

It was Will Rogers who said "I've never met a man I didn't like."

The ALDHA Gathering and the 2 Rucks are great places to meet other hikers.
    Last edited by Cookerhiker; 07-20-2013 at 14:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    It's always cool to meet a WBer in person, especially if you've only "known" him/her for years through cyberspace. I like Weary's posts and respect him for all he's done for the trail and consequently was thrilled to finally meet him in person at the 2009 ATC biennial. I consider Mags an interesting, level-headed, clear-thinking person as well as a treasure of knowledge about hiking all trails and in less than 2 weeks, I'll meet him for the first time when I pass through Colorado en-route to California.

In the past 2 1/2 years, I've enjoyed meeting Rain Man, Jeff, Blissful, Handlebar, JohnnyBGood, Jersey Dave, Kerosene, HikerMom and others. And it was a pleasure to meet 10-K last March when I shuttle him for his Sheltowee Trace thruhike. I've met Alligator several times including one occasion when we were both section hiking the same stretch.

It was Will Rogers who said "I've never met a man I didn't like." (or woman)

The ALDHA Gathering and the 2 Rucks are great places to meet other hikers.
    I love that quote... soo true, Cookerhiker.

Yes, I met you along with Kerosene, JohnneyBGood (sp?) Hikerhead in downtown Roanoke... so cool. I wasn't an active member at all on WB when I met ya'll. It was FUN!

Since then, I have met & enjoyed chatting with/shuttling and on the trail ..... P.J., Zippy Morocco,Sixes,ChinMusic,B-Rocket,Rather go up, Sol Creature, Cedar Tree, Joshuasdad,NCMedic, Carry on, ATRobin, TOW, Lone Wolf, Gyspy, Hikerboy, Coach Lou, OZ, Invisible Man,Army Ant,Deer Hunter, Amy(can't remember her user name) I'm certain I've forgotten someone...sorry.

I'm looking forward to meeting Teacher&Snacktime .. Astro is on his way too...

So much FUN!!

Thanks guys for all your reply's .... just amazing!! They made me laugh, smile a lot and even made my head swell!! THanks !

There's so many personality's... all so special!! I would love to meet ATTroll & Alligator, of course. All the other gals.. TW, S'more, Trillium, illabelle and Blissful ... just to name a few.. we gals have to stick together, although, Train Wreck can hold her own with all the boyz..... no support needed. TW is the "bomb"!!! I'd love to meet BirdBrain. Everyone else in the Cafe, for sure... goes without saying!! max patch is one of the newbies to the Cafe.. nice!!

Hey- one personality that we can't forget is IB.. thanks for the kind PM's you've sent me IB. I've seen that side of you.... I believe in you, IB.

Y'all are making this a fun thread...

Could we plan to meet up at Trail Days in 2014?? That would be so FUN!!

AND to all the new members of WB.... Welcome, welcome... nice to have you here. Can't wait to get to know ya!!
    Last edited by HikerMom58; 07-19-2013 at 09:04.

Likely more sarcastic than you!
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    What an unusual analogy. Especially if you compare the Indo-Iranian concept between a dervish and a sannyasi.

Made more strange by facts that you were not even aware of the following history.

The trail name "The Winged Monkey" was a corruption of "The Flying Monkey". "The Flying Monkey" is an Anglicization of the Hindu name "Hanuman". "Hanuman" was the name given to me by my guru.
    So much for my Wizard of Oz theory.
    We are all one big human family.

Images

Rocket Socks would be fun to hike with, too. Never a dull moment. ...
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Matthewski. Is he still around?
    Pain is a by-product of a good time.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by fredmugs View Post
    Now and then. Poked his head in here a month ago looking for investors for a refurbishment of the Doyle in PA.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    Rocket Socks would be fun to hike with, too. Never a dull moment. ...
    I don't do dull very well
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 07-19-2013 at 13:14. Reason: misspelled dull

I like the free spirited witty type, since I have no sense of humor it helps to be around those that do. I'd like to meet Train Wreck, she's sharp as a tack, I get lots of laughs from her posts, also like to meet Rocketsocks. I believe sitting around a campfire with those two would make for an interesting evening.

Personally I've always felt that 51 year old extroverted know-it-all depressed asperger burnouts that talk to much are highly under-rated.

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Drybones View Post
    I like the free spirited witty type, since I have no sense of humor it helps to be around those that do. I'd like to meet Train Wreck, she's sharp as a tack, I get lots of laughs from her posts, also like to meet Rocketsocks. I believe sitting around a campfire with those two would make for an interesting evening.
    Totally agree, and hope to find out for myself quite soon!
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Personally I've always felt that 51 year old extroverted know-it-all depressed asperger burnouts that talk to much are highly under-rated.
    Now that I know....I TOTALLY want to meet you. Aspies have a firm place in my heart.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Images

Quote Originally Posted by fredmugs View Post
    he's alive and sweating on the streets of Philly.
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Likely more sarcastic than you!
    Images

IMO, I'm betting that many online personalities here would differ GREATLY from what is seen in IRL. That's often the way it goes! Some people excel in personality online, only to find that they can't hold a quality conversation with a person when it comes to RL. Some, the other way around. I never hold expectations too high with regards to that.
    We are all one big human family.

Quote Originally Posted by Drybones View Post
    Drybones... you do have a sense of humor and I LOVE IT!! You have made me laugh so many times. You are one of my favs!

JAK.. I agree with T&S... gotta meet ya!

There are so many awesome people on this site!! If we all got together we would have so much fun! We have so many "inside jokes"!! Can any of you "guys" remember the greatest thread of all times??... I wonder where the guy is, that posted that thread. It was the greatest thread EVER!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++