WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    this thread is for the popular kids
    Well, you must be one of the popular kids cause you're on it now...

I'd say it's more for those who post often. There are thousands of WB users who never post or perhaps once in a blue moon. Just look at the "Who's On?" For all we know, there are scores of more colorful, interesting, intelliegent WBers who are more introverted or for whatever reason, choose not to share their thoughts. And that's OK. HYOH, PWYWT (Post When You Want To).

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    I'd say it's more for those who post often. There are thousands of WB users who never post or perhaps once in a blue moon. Just look at the "Who's On?" For all we know, there are scores of more colorful, interesting, intelliegent WBers who are more introverted or for whatever reason, choose not to share their thoughts. And that's OK. HYOH, PWYWT (Post When You Want To).
    This, my friend, is prob. one of the best posts so far on this thread. I LOVE it!!

It is extroverts & ones that like/crave/are comfortable with attention that post the most on this site, period.

God help me!! When I did some personal introspection, I found that I could honestly say that I'm somewhat addicted to the attention, I receive on this site. (I hate the negative attention, it makes me want to go away for good) It's not all bad but it can "go south" really fast, if you're not careful.

I really wish we could know all the more colorful, interesting and intelligent WBers on this site. I know we don't even have a clue about how awesome they are.... Come on out of "hiding" y'all!! Introverts ROCK 2--- Us extroverts will try harder not to run you over. Post When You Want To- we are all "ears".

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    This, my friend, is prob. one of the best posts so far on this thread. I LOVE it!!

It is extroverts & ones that like/crave/are comfortable with attention that post the most on this site, period.

I really wish we could know all the more colorful, interesting and intelligent WBers on this site. I know we don't even have a clue about how awesome they are.... Come on out of "hiding" y'all!! Introverts ROCK 2--- Us extroverts will try harder not to run you over. Post When You Want To- we are all "ears".
    I read often and post infrequently. If you stick around this site for very long, you will see threads are very often repetive in theme. I think that's why people who were frequent posters when I first joined have "dropped out". I find gear threads monotonous. The one forum where I most often post is the truhiker forum - I joined this site when I was planning my thru.Back then I found it to be a great source for advice. i was intrigued then and now with the mental aspect of a thru-hike - why a fraction of the ones who start are able to finish.I received great advice here and in person from former thruhikers and try to pay that back a little in that forum.

I do like this site as a source of factual information when planning my section hikes - finding shuttles, trail conditions, etc.I have met several WB members out on the trail or at hiker gatherings. All great people and most (not all) of them rarely post. I find the attitudes of people are generally better in face to face settings than when typing anonymopusly behind a keyboard.

again, this is a great resource and tool for hikers. I participate in several other web sites for other interests I have (fishing,bird hunting, dog training) and have noted that, like here, there are people who use it as a resource and others who particiapte often and use it for social reasons. I type too slow for that.

Images

extroverts, intraverts, we all like seeing our posts quoted when we on the Rare occasion say something intelligent. or not...

as for the folks on here... there are many I think would be pretty cool to meet and or hike with.

I don't want to meet any of you.
    Moses

Section Hiker

All of you. I learn something new every day here.

"Your comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.
    "

Images

i've met a lot on here. from quiet, talkative, intelligent, wild ones (Trouble 1 and Trouble 2), funny, serious and get along with most. i have met more that are not on WB and never heard of it. i am not interested in meeting anyone in particular on here. if our trails cross in time, great. to me lately WB has become more like WhiteNoise.net
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Still listening... all ears!!

Images

Im just sailing under the radar
    Last edited by Tuckahoe; 07-22-2013 at 14:43.
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

Quote Originally Posted by Edro View Post
    extroverts, intraverts, we all like seeing our posts quoted when we on the Rare occasion say something intelligent. or not...

as for the folks on here... there are many I think would be pretty cool to meet and or hike with.
    Hey...what about the perverts? We like attention to you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Drybones View Post
    Hey...what about the perverts? We like attention to you know.
    Forget about them. What about the haricot verts? That's what I would like to know.

You're bragging....
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmeh View Post
    Forget about them. What about the haricot verts? That's what I would like to know.
    You must drink with your pinky stuck out.

Map Man from IA (not to be confused with mapman from VA). Number geeks unite! Besides, I was born in Ames - moved to PA when 3 months old - remember it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    Map Man from IA (not to be confused with mapman from VA). Number geeks unite! Besides, I was born in Ames - moved to PA when 3 months old - remember it well.
    Heh heh.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmountainman View Post
    I don't want to meet any of you.
    hehehe, that's funny rotflmao.gif

I wanna meet you

Images

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    to me lately WB has become more like WhiteNoise.net
    I wonder if you and I are thinking of the same thing, karl. I was away a lot from here from the holidays last winter to late spring. I checked in during that time but didn't spend near as much time as I had been. When I checked in, and when I started coming back more regularly in June, it seemed like there was a lot more traffic here. A lot more gear and thru-planning threads, just a top of them. Kinda overwhelming. Nice that a lot of people seem to be getting into the outdoors, but a lot to take in - like drinking from a firehose.

Is that what you're talking about?
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Images

posts for sake of posting, threads about "IF" you could hike, buy, go, meet. ??? its a rare a post or thread sparks my interest. im surprised there is not a thread "Will the royal families baby grow up to be a hiker"
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    posts for sake of posting, threads about "IF" you could hike, buy, go, meet. ??? its a rare a post or thread sparks my interest. im surprised there is not a thread "Will the royal families baby grow up to be a Biker"
    fix it for ya

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++