WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Who do think has the most intriguing/interesting personality on WB?

I find people interesting. I've often thought to myself- Man, I wish I could meet "that" WB member in person. I've been very fortunate to meet quite a few of you in person or talk to you on the phone. I'm so looking forward to meeting many more of you. I would LOVE to meet all of you!!

So who would you like to meet on WB and why?

I'll start but this is just scratching the surface for me...... I would like to meet Dogwood & Winged Monkey. Dogwood- he intrigues me with his belief system. Not quite sure where he's coming from...

WM- he's interesting. Ahhhh.... I think he's had an interesting life, living in a bell tower etc... after he put up a picture of himself (as a young lad)- he didn't look anything like a "Winged Monkey".

FYI.. no need to wonder about me at all... everyone that has met me, in person, says I'm exactly like I come across on here. No surprises at all.

Images

Well shucks HM, guess if I already know you from here then I don't want to meet you in person. NOT
    "The difficult can be done immediately, the impossible takes a little longer"

Images

For me it would be Lone Wolf, I wonder if we crossed paths in The Marine Corps..

Images

Quote Originally Posted by adamkrz View Post
    For me it would be Lone Wolf, I wonder if we crossed paths in The Marine Corps..
    We never met......but we were both in barracks in French Creek in '78'. Me Motor-T, he was an Engineer!...........it's a small Corps Brother! Semper Fi Marine!

You 2 boots!
    Last edited by coach lou; 07-18-2013 at 21:14.

Nah, not Lone Wolf, I met him in 2000. Contrary to popular belief he's the same in person as he is here, pithy all the way. One of my fondest moments on the AT was spending time atop Baxter Peak with the man himself and sweet Gypsy. I'd like to meet HikerMomKD, she's such a babe. Married, but still a babe!

I have that effect on all the woman when I start talking about beliefs. Then they see my bank account. It's a slippery slope downhill from there. Thanks for the compliment though.

Images

In no particular order:

Lone Wolf: He is intriguing as it gets with his belief system that is old school yet has many younger followers. I have a feeling that he is sweeter when on trail. He promised me to have a beer with me next year when I am in Damascus.

Max Patch: He is the encyclopedia of the WB and he is the one who normally posts what I am going to post ( we have close ideology about hiking and possibly life)

HikerMomKD: I like her peace making efforts and her gracious heart and her desire to help other people.( and I like the fact that she is always routing for the underdogs)

Rain Man: He always uses a massive load of common sense and very kind and polite. he is the prime example of everything in moderation even moderation itself.

Winged Monkey: A living example of mixing a dervish and a hiker.

Tinker: Not very active recently but he was in my radar from the first day .

Sarcasm the Elf: Loads of wisdom in most of his comments.

Marta: The mixture of a kind person while being a moderator which is difficult to successfully mix and she has done it.

Jack Tarllin: The prime example of an old school man but not an old hat.

Sgt Rock: His loads of experience and the fact that he is ready to share his knowledge and experience with others for free.

There should be much more if I search the members list but for now it is what I can remember without referring to the list.

Images

I'd say Jack Tarlin - I like the way he thinks and expresses himself.

Mags is super-awesome, seems like to me.

Marta, too. She seems to be deep waters, I like her calm and presence.

Among the Mod/Admin staff, I've grown to respect and appreciate Alligator, who I think is wicked smaht and also deep waters. One of your more intriguing reptiles around.

Rain Man's a nice guy - I like him but haven't met him.

10-K and Cookerhiker seem like really cool and interesting people.

HikerMom, you're a lovely sweet dear. Would be fun to hike with you or get into other mischief - PG-rated, of course.

Only just getting to know Illabelle, who seems quite interesting, too.

I'm sure there are others not coming to mind right away - Cosmo the trail maintaining legend of the Berkshires and Jeff of Green Mountain Hostel come to mind as I say that.

I've met maybe a 20 people from WB, almost all very smart, pleasant and interesting people. I'd like to get to know Chaco Taco and Migrating Bird better than the brief, unawares passings we had out on trail.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

I'm curious if Sarcasm the Elf has elf sized sarcasm- or is only sarcastically elf sized. Otherwise I'd like to meet everyone here, preferably on the trail, preferably after you or I packed in a twelve pack, ideally just running into each other at an amazing vista. Dream meeting, not being sarcastic- Lone Wolf, Walt Leonard, Jen Davis, Matt Kirk (I know they aren't active but they have posted), Warren Doyle- and two 3 liter Platypi full of Johnny Walker Blue. Best case- amazing conversation- worst case- there's $1,000 worth of scotch to drink.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    I'm curious if Sarcasm the Elf has elf sized sarcasm- or is only sarcastically elf sized. Otherwise I'd like to meet everyone here, preferably on the trail, preferably after you or I packed in a twelve pack, ideally just running into each other at an amazing vista. Dream meeting, not being sarcastic- Lone Wolf, Walt Leonard, Jen Davis, Matt Kirk (I know they aren't active but they have posted), Warren Doyle- and two 3 liter Platypi full of Johnny Walker Blue. Best case- amazing conversation- worst case- there's $1,000 worth of scotch to drink.
    Elf's a very pleasant, low-key guy. Your scenario sounds like a fine one, though I'd be likely to partake of the drink but a little at most.

I'd have to go with Tipi Walter. Guy does some serious treks. Maybe not the typical thru hiker stuff but some serious jaunts.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Images

Everytime I see Driver8 post I am reminded of a favorite song

igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    Elf's a very pleasant, low-key guy. Your scenario sounds like a fine one, though I'd be likely to partake of the drink but a little at most.
    I'll drink your share- come along then- non drinking drinkers are my favorite drinking companions when the drink is in short supply! Edit- did I just miss a very clever play on words; Low-key guy/Elf- if so; Bravo- if not- you should take credit anyway.
    Last edited by Just Bill; 07-18-2013 at 22:47.

Images

Thanks for posting that, Tuckahoe! One of my fave REM songs: "We can reach our destination/But it's still a way's away": the inspiration for my trail name.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    I'll drink your share- come along then- non drinking drinkers are my favorite drinking companions when the drink is in short supply! Edit- did I just miss a very clever play on words; Low-key guy/Elf- if so; Bravo- if not- you should take credit anyway.
    Another reason you'd like JPD to be there, I reckon. So Katahdin it is?

Images

I also want to meet Sawnie/Kinnickinic and Blissful. Neat people!

Quote Originally Posted by Kookork View Post
    Winged Monkey: A living example of mixing a dervish and a hiker.
    What an unusual analogy. Especially if you compare the Indo-Iranian concept between a dervish and a sannyasi.

Made more strange by facts that you were not even aware of the following history.

The trail name "The Winged Monkey" was a corruption of "The Flying Monkey". "The Flying Monkey" is an Anglicization of the Hindu name "Hanuman". "Hanuman" was the name given to me by my guru.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

I wanna meet...

The the Lady who says "here take two their small"

The husband and wife team that says "you know, if you do like this it might work better"

The guy that says with a gleam in his eye "I met my Mary on this trail, we were so young then"

A Drunk who's hit rock bottom and is ready to quit but doesn't know how

The little kid that says "Hey mister, do you know how to fix a bicycle chain"

The dog that wakes me up first thing in the morning by licking my face, while on lookers laugh cause it's not my dog

The fella that says "So I'm thinking about leaving the trail today, I just don't think I can take anymore"

The kid that says "When I'm get done hiking the trail, I'm gonna going back to school/military/work with cousin"

The guy that asks, "So what would you do" in an attempt to be provocative

The store owner that says "will you mind the store for a few minutes while I run up stairs to check on Mother"

An old man whittling a stick and telling stories of a forgotten time, intermixed with dirty jokes

The Dead Head that says "ah man, I was at that show too, remember when Jerry..."

The Women who says "Here, try this...made it myself"

A snake that says "Go around me Bitch, I was here first"

The crazy but harmless hermit in the woods that smells like $2 dollar Gin

The guy that says "Fugowie"

The sham that disregards others

The Chick that I ask, So how far ya goin? and she says....."all the way baby"...winks at me, then laughs as she strolls on by

An apparition of some past Presidents on a sleepless night

The girl that says "I'm Elizabeth, we talk all the time on White Blaze, but you know me as....."

The guy that says "Here let me get that for ya"

A trail maintainer who says "You can buy me a beer in town later"....and I do!

The kid that says "Hey, do you know how to read a map"

The Man that says, "we really need some help here, can you go to town and call someone for us"

But mostly I just wanna meet you

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

+1 on all those RS
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    +1 on all those RS
    Thank you, I had a good teacher

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++