WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Article: Groups now open on WhiteBlaze

AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

This sounds interesting. Is there a button for GROUPS? How do we find it?

This is an interesting idea. My only concern would be that members wanting to be a part of a GROUP (other than the public one) would feel excluded if they 1) could see private groups existing knowing that they weren't "invited". 2) group owner approves the invite?? That could lead to more exclusion & promote cliques?? It puts too much "power" in the hands of "personalities" which may not be a good thing. So now all of a sudden we may have "competitive groups"??? No Thank You!! I left all the drama when I finished high school. I'll stick to the main page of WB and try to make friends & relate to people that way. *shaking head*

I agree with HikerMomKD 100%! Personally, I won't be joining any groups and will turn down any invitations. Not that I'll get many, since I'm not one of the popular kids (by choice).

Images

i had opened a private group as a bit of an experiment. i agree that it gives the appearance of exclusion, so i shut it down.as ive learned, even pm's are not always private,but are a better way of communicating msgs yu dont want the rest of whiteblaze to see.
    i would have preferred the cafe stay in the hiking humor forum, and wonder what will happen to that subforum
    groups ,in general, i think can work out well for the social side of whiteblaze.threads drift off while we're busy making friends, and the groups give a very good outlet for people to have conversations unrelated to friends or even hiking in general,which have become a bit of a distraction from the main focus of whiteblaze which is informational.
    i dont think groups take away from whiteblaze, rather i think they will enhance it in a positive way.

I'm confused about general accessibility. Does everyone have them listed in their profiles? Are Hikerboy's the only ones out there? If not....how do you find the open ones? They may prove positive, but for now they're confusing. We'll just have to see how they evolve.

Not being truely private they appear to be pointless. Taking it off site would be my suggestion. A private chat room should be private with only the invited allowed access. It shouldn't appear in the groups lists either.

This just a new way for certain people to form groups and BASH, BE-LITTLE the people they don't like, I personnally don't think this group thing is a good idea, but i have never liked group activities just my oppinion.

Images

The only way you know whether you've been bashed or belittled is if you clicked on the thread. Spare me, I've been bashed and belittled on many subjects and I don't go whining about it.

Images

i thought i had joined a group.
    now i cant even find it so i suppose i have been "unjoined".
    some sort of notification of such an event would be nice.

They just don't like you anymore Oz....or you, Coach.....oh wait....OR ME!!! Where did the group go? HIKERBOY????? Oh well....guess we'll just have to go public again....if they'll have us.

++ New Posts ++