WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Default Need Co-overseers for A.T. sections in Shenandoah NP

Four co-overseers for four separate A.T. sections in the South District of Shenandoah National Park

http://www.southshenandoah.net/stewardship/hightop

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Images

Not any replies yet? Everyone wants to hike,few want to help.There are many who do volunteer, but the while the numbers of hikers seem to be increasing the number wanting to help is not growing as fast.I wonder how many will be affected(or infected) with the Norovirus next year......

This link won't even open for me. Regardless, if I had won the Powerball on Wednesday night, I would have considered something like this. Alas, I didn't so I'm still sitting at work reading about it.

I did some trail maintenance a couple years ago and it was extremely rewarding. I was proud to hike on "my trail" on a section last year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cleaner View Post
    Not any replies yet? Everyone wants to hike,few want to help.There are many who do volunteer, but the while the numbers of hikers seem to be increasing the number wanting to help is not growing as fast.I wonder how many will be affected(or infected) with the Norovirus next year......
    Let's hope Norovirus does not show up again next year... meanie!!! I believe educating hikers in proper hygiene practices will really help with that.

Thanks cleaner for all you do/have done for the trail.. much appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ktaadn View Post
    This link won't even open for me. Regardless, if I had won the Powerball on Wednesday night, I would have considered something like this. Alas, I didn't so I'm still sitting at work reading about it.

I did some trail maintenance a couple years ago and it was extremely rewarding. I was proud to hike on "my trail" on a section last year.
    SWWWWEEETTT Ktaadin and thank you!!!!!!!!

Blissful, Thanks for posting the information. We have been in contact via the link you posted and hope to do the Hightop section. I have been a long time reader here but just registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktaadn View Post

Ditto.......

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

++ New Posts ++