WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Images

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    I've noticed here on the WB, that after 100 posts most discussions get to food!
    i have yet to have cheesecake at a hut.if i did, it would probably be made with mont jack

chik'in or no chik'in AMC needs to go. The Appalachian Trail belongs to the people. Just because 80 years ago they helped build the trail for the hikers that does not mean that they are granted dictator status forever. They have evolved into a mega rich corporation on public land. They are not even motivated to help the hikers. It's time to make the Appalachian Trail into a National Park.

Images

moldy, your argument is getting tired. they help thousands of hikers every year. they dont stop everything for thru hikers, the only "privilege" is work for stay, and its already pretty well known, its not always available. . amc is not going away, so just deal with it. there are plenty of places you can hike for "free", so just stay in those places and you'll be fine. when you do, i hope you silently thank those who donated money and time to create and maintain so you can hike for "free".
    and as we've all told you a dozen times already, with a little planning, you can hike the whites for free.
    many nat'l parks charge fees, including the smokies new permit fee
    your "peoples trail" may exist in russia.

The AMC has joined the ATC, ALDHA, and the Companion in their vast conspiracy against hikers.

We have been to Galehead and Zealand quite a few times on day hikes before the Croo arrives for the season and we always get hot cocoa and chocolate chip cookies from the caretakers.

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    The AMC has joined the ATC, ALDHA, and the Companion in their vast conspiracy against hikers.
    You forgot the Kent Green Laundry.

Quote Originally Posted by moldy View Post
    chik'in or no chik'in AMC needs to go. The Appalachian Trail belongs to the people. Just because 80 years ago they helped build the trail for the hikers that does not mean that they are granted dictator status forever. They have evolved into a mega rich corporation on public land. They are not even motivated to help the hikers. It's time to make the Appalachian Trail into a National Park.
    Form up a group, state your case and lobby to make it happen. Call Senators and Congressmen and get some volunteer groups ready because winter is right around the corner. No offense moldy but you have made your case but have offered up no solution to how you propose the solution be achieved. Id be willing to listen to every point you attempt to make at solving the issue and making it "The People's Trail" as you put it. If you have no solution to offer, then move along.

you are ridiculous.....

The other white meat

It's time to make the Appalachian Trail into a National Park.
    It already is a part of the National Park System. http://www.nps.gov/appa/index.htm

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    Form up a group, state your case and lobby to make it happen. Call Senators and Congressmen and get some volunteer groups ready because winter is right around the corner. No offense moldy but you have made your case but have offered up no solution to how you propose the solution be achieved. Id be willing to listen to every point you attempt to make at solving the issue and making it "The People's Trail" as you put it. If you have no solution to offer, then move along.
    I have to agree with this.

Most complaints I have heard involve the huts they built and maintain or the campsites they built and maintain. If there were no AMC the huts and campsites would turn into trash dumps in a week.

Any organization that took over from AMC would have the same rules or even tougher ones. If they didn't, the whole area would be trashed.

Lone wolf, I thought you said I was ignorant? Which is it?

Lone wolf, I thought you said I was ignorant? Which is it?
    how much walkin' have you done in the whites?

Lone Wolf, I guess that after 28 thousand posts you get Grandfathered in so rule #2 does not apply to you. Sort of like how the AMC got grandfathered in and now can do as they like.

Lone Wolf, I guess that after 28 thousand posts you get Grandfathered in so rule #2 does not apply to you. Sort of like how the AMC got grandfathered in and now can do as they like.
    how much of the whites have you walked? simple question

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    how much walkin' have you done in the whites?
    I think it is a fair question. Have you even hiked up here?

Images

What did the AMC get grandfathered into? It's been around long before the ATC (AMC founded in 1876). Matter of fact, looking at the AMC history, it helped to form the ATC in 1925.

Look boys I'm doing 30 to life in the Penal System, I will make it there someday.

Look boys I'm doing 30 to life in the Penal System, I will make it there someday.
    Wow you get some amazing internet time in jail.....

Quote Originally Posted by wakapak:1519035
    What did the AMC get grandfathered into? It's been around long before the ATC (AMC founded in 1876). Matter of fact, looking at the AMC history, it helped to form the ATC in 1925.
    Don't be messing up a good argument with facts and figures.

All these people jumping on the band wagon to defend a private clubs right to squeeze hikers. Ain't America grand?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
++ New Posts ++