WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I'm still wearing the Salewa's but I had to change out the insoles as I've destroyed the stock ones. I've found insoles make a huge difference in the fit of the boot and comfort. I had a bad pressure point on the left foot with the stock insoles that has disappeared with the new ones. I guess my feet have high insteps.

I went with a sofsole airr insole after trying Superfeet and I'm shocked how much better they fit by adding a thicker insole. Totally against what I thought I needed given the pressure point. Insoles even change the fit in width which I'm still not sure how that works.

Superfeet green are wretched. I never had knee pain til I did 4.4 miles with those in. Finding a decent insole is just as difficult as finding a good boot. Only thing left to try now is Sole insoles that heat mold.

I will echo what others have said here about Merrell...DO NOT buy them online...I read many reviews online saying that they ran small and you should buy them somewhere you can try them on...I was glad that I did...I ended up going up another half size. And the local store where I bought them had them on clearance for 40% off the best price I found online. I've never owned a pair of Keen but after reading on this thread I may give them a try...the shoe store where I bought the Merrell's also sells them and I was looking at a pair of their sandals. My biggest concern? Paying $110 for a pair of sandals that will only last me one season. I do a lot of canoeing in the summer time and I generally end up buying a new pair of sandals every year because they tend to get wet a lot and buy the end of the summer they are stinking and falling apart. Can anybody tell me if Keens will stand up to this kind of abuse?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++