WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeBill View Post
    I suffer from Chron's Disease and take 8 meds twice a day to control it along with a daily vitamin.
    Yikes. I had to google your aliment to find out what it is and your brave to take on a thru-hike with this condition. If you have to take that many meds to control it, you must have it bad.

It sounds like you will need to take water purification very seriously, both filter and chemical treatment to be sure. Just a guess, but drinking coffee probably isn't the best thing for you to be doing. But then, I'm one of those rare people who can't stand the smell, taste or effects of coffee (but not of caffine)

As far as gear, looks like you got about 25 pounds of stuff, which isn't too crazy, but with a little work you should be able to pare it down to under 20. I would suggest an April start rather then March as an April start will let you skimp a little on warm clothes and such.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Journal Entries

Thanks Everyone. I am definitely taking everyone's suggestion seriously, except for the one that say you are carrying too much crap without telling me what to cut.

Slo I am seriously considering a sawyer purifier or a sawyer filter and aqua mira. I will have some people saying you don't need both but I see you did some checking first.
    Blackheart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++