WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Trail Music?

Default Trail Music?

Short Posts please-

If you listen to music, or sing music while hiking along the trial list what you like to listen to and during what times-

I like Led Zep, Neil young, Mumford and son, Doors, Beatles, CS&N, Van Morrison, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, and bush along with some others of same era/ Genre
    I like to jam while walking and solo, or if im with others as well. Favorite tune times was Neil Young-Sugar mountain along Roan Mountain and Robert Plant heading towards Stecoah Gap in a thunderstorm Morning.

Happy Hiking!

Northwestern, VA (outside of Harper's Ferry)
    Images

Sometimes, I'll put on Shania Twain's "Up" while we're doing a climb, just to stoke the kids up a bit. Then on the other side I'll do Allison Kraus singing "Down To the River To Pray."
    2,000 miler. Still keepin' on keepin' on.

Haha Nice! Thanks for the input!

And for those that do not listen to music what noises in the woods do you look for or maybe you like to see how quite you can get idk lol

i prefer to listen to Nature noises such as Birds chirping, A nice flowing creek,river,Squrrels playing, if i listen to actual music on the trail it's C.C.R or Metallica.

Defiantly prefer natures music but Mumford and sons and jack Johnson works in a

Images

I dont listen to music while I am hiking, i like to hear what is around me in the woods and hear the wind. I do like to listen to music in my tent before sleep. anything from Allman Bros, Sonny Landreth or Joe Bonnamassa. Sometimes good ole Mountain music.. "Rock Me To Sleep"..

I never hike with music playing in headphones/earphones, etc.
    My preference is to hear the woods I sought out in the first place as well as retain my situational awareness.

That said, I do sing or hum (or recall the music in my head) from time-to-time... sometimes it's whatever is stuck in my head (I have 2 young boys, so kids songs are popular) or maybe something like "Country Roads" by John Denver or The Devil Went Down to Georgia" by Charlie Daniels... something I've already heard and sung 100's of times.

The only time I really listen to music is when the fire is going. Got to have me some old school DMB in the woods with a side of Third Eye Blind.

Lets focus on situational awareness, and how much some feel it plays an important role on the trail.

I can see it important for several reasons from a rattle to a hiker behind wanting to pass, bear or boar.
    injured hiker etc as well?

Default Trail Music?

Green Day on low volume. Music helps at times. If you are going to use music please do so responsibly

Love people and use things; never the reverse.

Mt. Katahdin would be a lot quicker to climb if its darn access trail didn't start all the way down in Georgia.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JustaTouron View Post
    have you considered just removing the ear buds?

Images

this one always reminds me of home:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CslD_6L4oTs

Journal Entries
    Images

Welcome Allen!
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    this one always reminds me of home:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CslD_6L4oTs
    Thanks hikerboy, you just made my day. I lived in NYC for 7 years and sure miss it at times.
    Blackheart

I listen to whatever the birds are singing....dont miss the radio, TV or internet....except of course you guys.

I keep tell'en ya, Trance EDM will keep you dancing along the trail. 2 hour DJ mixes are good. A lot of it is free or really cheap down loads. White noise with a beat never gets old
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

In those long "green tunnel" stretches most especially - music can be great - just try to keep ONE ear bud in only - for safety's sake

Quote Originally Posted by Sir-Packs-Alot View Post
    In those long "green tunnel" stretches most especially - music can be great - just try to keep ONE ear bud in only - for safety's sake
    That is a good idea! I will start doing that one ear bud thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    I keep tell'en ya, Trance EDM will keep you dancing along the trail. 2 hour DJ mixes are good. A lot of it is free or really cheap down loads. White noise with a beat never gets old
    haha i think if i listened to 2 hours of dj mix's I would be hiking way to fast and droned out like a robot! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    Scott Williamson was real big into that stuff too. Along those lines... Pluto by Bjork has always been one of my faves-a very organic and earthy chick- unfortunately you either hate her voice or love it.

++ New Posts ++