WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    GA-ME 2011
    Images

Tell her congratulations for completing the AT!
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Images

southmark were you and chigger hiking the 100 mile wilderness together a few years ago. I think I met you guys at a shelter. My buddy and I were hanging hammocks I dont recall the name of the shelter but it was right after fording a small creek . I think you guys were southbound we were Northbound .. I recall she was wearing knee braces Congrats to her on being a 2000 miler
    Hillbilly

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMark View Post
    Good news!!! I just talked with her sister. She is OK. She has had a tough time but has 17 miles to go. She either did not understand or forgot that she had to take her phone out of airplane mode to call or text. She stayed at a hostel Saturday night and used someone else's phone to call her sister. Her sister thought that she was then going to call me which she did not. Main thing is she is fine and will be a "2000 Miler" this afternoon.

Thanks everyone for your concern and prayers.
    Great news! I assume she bailed out at the Carlo Col trail, which is about 17 miles from Gorham. I'm very familar with that, as that was my bailout point Labor Day weekend. Miss Janet may be in the area, and might be able to help her get back to the trail.

I must have just missed her, as I hiked Notch Trail/Mahoosuc Notch/Mahoosuc Arm/Speck Mtn to Grafton Notch on Saturday. Beat me up enough that I still need to pickup the 6ish miles between Carlo Col and Notch Trail later.

Exclamation Old lady??????

Quote Originally Posted by moytoy View Post
    I'm sitting here trying to decide how to respond to that. I call myself 'old man' all the time but if some whippersnapper calls me "old man" I might have to make tread marks up his backside
    I was sitting here doing the same thing!! I personally don't want ANY hiker to disappear..........even the youngsters who have no respect for us OLD people.

Wow, great to hear that she is doing just fine and making her way along!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++