WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I use a eno. With a pro fly tarp. And a eno bug net. I like being able to use the tarp and bugnet on the ground if there are no trees.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Images

Well for colder nights I use the NX250 with weather shield and in the dawg days and nights of summer I use the Hennessy Safari, and when out for a day hike I may put the Grand Trunk UL in the bag for a mid day lunch/nap. So this year in April and May on the AT I'll be going with Clark June thru August the Hennessy, then back to the Clark.

I have two DIY hammocks. A 10' and 11'. Haven't seen wilderness logics mentioned yet. They make some great hammocks.

Images

Warbonnet Blackbird (Double Layer 1.1) with Hammock Gear Cuben Fiber Tarp w/ Doors.

Images

WB Blackbird, 1.1 single and 1.1 double. Double is way more comfy, but heavier. Love that double! I switched back to the double after using both on a recent trip. I did not realize just how big a difference that second layer makes. I am well within the weight limit for the single, but it does stretch a lot more. I have gotten the weigh of the double down to 19 ounces without the suspension. This does include my ridgeline light and a couple of pieces of cord with mitten hooks to pull out the shelf and the door side.
    I also use a MBM hammock (made by me). I can totally customize my home made hammocks. I have one, a 9 footer, 1.1 material (7 ounces with dynagide continuous loops and an adjustable ridgeline), with a full-length Tulle bug net (1 1/2 ounces) and a customized strap suspension (using 8 foot straps, altogether the suspension weighs 5 1/2 ounces). The set up weighs in at 14 ounces for the whole mess. Very comfy and convenient.
    Give Me Mountains & I Am Happy!

I have a Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 double and a 11' Dream Hammock FreeBird. Both good hammocks but I am really enjoying the FreeBird right now. I love the openness with no net to bother with.

Buggy season - Netty from Hammeck and non-buggy season - Snipe from Wilderness Logics. I have other hammocks but those 2 seem to be my go-to set ups.
    Visit Backpacking Adventures and enter your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Warbonnet DL 1.7 is my hammock of choice.

Images

had 3 HH and 3 DIY. for bug net i like HH Ultra Exp and in the winter i use the DIY. one is 1.9 coated nylon 12' for me and dog, other 1.9 11' for just me.
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Images

Warbonnet Blackbird DL 1.1. I was originally planning on using a pad and hence the DL. Since I'm now using an UQ, I'm now thinking about either a SL 1.7 Blackbird or going with something from Dream Hammock or Hammeck and try either the Argon 1.6 or HyperD 1.6 fabric.
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

Journal Entries

I use a light owl made by wilderness logics. It's' not the lightest hammock weighing twenty ounces but I like a double layer hammock. My three season base weight is 9.5 lbs so it doesn't play a factor and I get a good nights sleep.For winter hangs I used a Dream Hammock Thunderbird.

I love my Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 Dbl in a Bishop bag plus Dutch clips and hope to stay off the ground for good. I currently use an Edge Tarp with Walmart $2 DIY Snakeskins and Dutch Stingerz; while I save for a Cuben Fiber Winter Palace. I currently use a Pad that will work in conjunction with 3/4 UQ when I get to that point. Both Whiteblaze,net and Hammockforum.com are great sites for research, learning, and making backpacking/hiking so much more fulfilling. Thanks!
    "gbolt" on the Trail

I am Third

We are here to help one another along life's journey. Keep the Faith!

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCik...NPHW7vu3vhRBGA

Dream Hammock Thunderbird: 11', made of green Argon 1.6.

11' crinkle taffeta DIY gathered end

ENO Doublenest

11.6' DIY Argon 90

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tiptoe View Post
    My first (and only) hammock is a Hennessey Backpacker Asym. I've been very happy with it.
    Just bought one with the 4 season shelter to try off DaHoyt's Hiker Gear FB page.
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

I like a simple hammock - Warbonnet Traveler DL 1.1. Perfect and cheap

I have several: started with 2 ENO Double Nests, added 2 Warbonnet Blackbirds, a 1.7 SL and a 1.1 DL but, my favorite is my Wilderness Logics Lite Owl.

Journal Entries

I got a Blackbird DL 1.1
    Blackheart

I use a HH Explorer. That has been fine for me, it sold me on hammock camping as I was a committed tent guy. I think if I was going to get another one it may be a WBBB 1.7 dbl. I think the foot box looks like it would be comfortable. Very happy with the HH at the moment.

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

liked my Hennessey, love my Blackbird

I have 4 hammocks,but my 11.5' DIY hammock is by far my favorite

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++