WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Dream Hammock Sparrow, Dangerbird and Darien. the Dangerbird has been retired but keep it as a loner, the Darien is for my fall, spring and summer outings when I'm wanting light weight. the sparrow is my winter and car camping hammock

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Started with Hennessey Expedition Asym.Sorta heavy with a tiny tarp.Got their larger tarp.Hated their insulation system.Went to a Dutch Argon netless with JRB Winter Nest and UQ2Q uq protector for winter use.For 3 season use a WBBB 1.1DL and an HG Phoenix 20 uq.I fought with pads for a long time that were hard to stay on top of,even in the DL WBBB so I bit the bullet and went for the downy goodness-NO going back to pads now............
    Update-I moved on to a Dutch Hexon 1.0 side zip with a net.Net makes hammock quite a bit warmer in winter.Some of my hiking buds are augmenting their set ups with a Mountain Laurel Designs pad that weighs 3.5 oz when the weather pushes the limits of a 20F set of quilts.I have one but have not yet tested it.

I just got an SLD Trail Lair! Spent the last 7 years in a modified ENO singlenest. I'm looking forward to trying out my new Hammock at a group Hang in 2 weeks at the Sipsey Wilderness in Alabama.

Images

I have a DIY Bridge Hammock modeled after the Warbonnet Bridge hammock. The other hammock is a JRB bridge hammock.
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

I've got a WB Eldorado, experimenting with a rare Dutchware hammock called 'Flippin the bird'; it has a draping Bugnet and is really light (14 oz or less). My main goal is to have as light a hammock as possible for an upcoming thruhike, without having cold nights or a high probability of equipment failure. Have also looked at the halfwit.

You can get a complete zippered bug net from Dutch that weighs 14.1 oz (396grams)-Sidezip 11 footer in Hexon 1.0,capacity 200 lbs.Other fabrics are a bit heavier.My preference is Argon 90 but I am living with the Hexon just fine because of its lower weight despite the fact that it is a bit "stretchy".

There's a lot of manufacturers out there in the light weight hammock market and it's worth checking them all out before you buy.Lots of people go for Dream Hammocks and they have plenty to choose from.

Thank you, I have some concerns about the heron 1.0 (I'm a bit close to weight limit), but I'll take a look. I think half a net sounds like trouble.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
++ New Posts ++