WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hikers in need of shelter in Portland, ME

Hey there hiking family! Noodle and I have just arrived in Portland, ME and are a bit homeless. We were wondering if there were any former or would be hikers in the area that perhaps had some floor space for two well behaved, house-broken, thru-traveling females. We are more than willing to work for stay in between searching for jobs and a cozy place of our own.

Thanks guys,
    Candy Pants

Aww... well, I hope you find something soon Candy Pants.

The family I shuttled earlier this Spring spoke about a "Candy Pants" hiking the trail. They spoke very highly of you, if you are the one & only Candy Pants of the AT. LOL!!

Were you shuttling Houdini and her clan?! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Pants View Post
    Were you shuttling Houdini and her clan?! ^_^
    I sure was... Mom, the twin boys and the 2 girls. :0) Houdini mentioned you were very helpful to her when they rolled into the shelter. All of them, including the kids, liked you a lot!! Your good reputation proceeds you, girl!!!
    Last edited by HikerMom58; 09-17-2013 at 15:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmaybix View Post
    I sure was... Mom, the twin boys and the 2 girls. :0) Houdini mentioned you were very helpful to her when they rolled into the shelter. All of them, excluding the kids, liked you a lot!! Your good reputation proceeds you, girl!!!
    Wy didn't the kids like her?

Quote Originally Posted by flemdawg1 View Post
    Wy didn't the kids like her?
    Oh Gosh... my bad I meant to say INCLUDING the kids... the kids all LOVED her.. thanks flemdawg1... Sorry Candy Pants

Thank you so much ^_^

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

Isn't it great when good deeds and good cheer, given without expectation, are recognized down the line?

Hello Candy Pants!

I live in Naples ME, an hour west of Portland. But you would be welcome to stay for a couple days with a little advance notice (I have roommates). On the weekend I can give transport!

I wish I could offer more. I was in a similar situation a month ago before landing here.
    Merry 2012 AT blog
    "Not all those who wander are lost."

Quote Originally Posted by Meriadoc View Post
    Hello Candy Pants!

I live in Naples ME, an hour west of Portland. But you would be welcome to stay for a couple days with a little advance notice (I have roommates). On the weekend I can give transport!

I wish I could offer more. I was in a similar situation a month ago before landing here.
    Aww.... that's really nice. Meriadoc- Naples ME? That brings back a lot of memories for me. I went to a camp in Naples ME. The camp was on Long Lake!! :>) It was so beautiful there!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Pants View Post
    .... two well behaved, house-broken, thru-traveling females....
    Yes, they are! Very nice gals, indeed. A photo at the Ben & Jerry's in Manchester Center (?), VT the first week of August. That's The Professor standing behind them.

RainMan

Attached Images Attached Images
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

++ New Posts ++