WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Water Conditions between Daleville and Pearsiburg

Hiking the first week in October and was wondering how the water conditions are between Daleville and Pearsiburg?

Everything seems dry around Daleville to Catawba Rt. 311. I can find out is there is good water running near Lamberts Meadow Shelter... just had a friend hike through there yesterday. I'll get back with you on that.

I don't know what the water situation is South of Catawba.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shmaybix View Post
    Everything seems dry around Daleville to Catawba Rt. 311. I can find out is there is good water running near Lamberts Meadow Shelter... just had a friend hike through there yesterday. I'll get back with you on that.

I don't know what the water situation is South of Catawba.
    Yep, we had water at Lamberts Meadow. After all, it was raining all day Saturday and we were soaked!!!
    Rain stopped a little before dark Saturday evening. Sunday morning we went to the creek to fill our bottles, and yes, there was water. It was my first time there, so I don't know what it usually looks like, but it seemed to be very little flow for the day after a rain. We did not look for water at the other shelters south toward Catawba. There was zero water between Lamberts and Daleville.

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    Yep, we had water at Lamberts Meadow. After all, it was raining all day Saturday and we were soaked!!!
    Rain stopped a little before dark Saturday evening. Sunday morning we went to the creek to fill our bottles, and yes, there was water. It was my first time there, so I don't know what it usually looks like, but it seemed to be very little flow for the day after a rain. We did not look for water at the other shelters south toward Catawba. There was zero water between Lamberts and Daleville.
    Thank ya sweet thang.. I was hoping you might see this & respond.

I'm so disappointed in the weather you guys had while you were here.. BUT at least Sunday was nice. :>)

Hope this helps you out some, firemanjohn

Yes this does. Thanks for the replies!

++ New Posts ++