WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    I missed this when it was first posted. Thanks for bumping it, Matt. I've read up to Waynesboro. So far I like it.
    Whoa, I forgot about this... better get reading.

Journal Entries
    Images

Matt,
    it is an enjoyable read and the pictures very good. At some points it was hard to follow, it seemed to skip about. Journaling is not easy on a small device and trying to capture your feelings and philosophy was well said. Thanks for sharing it and I did relate to most of what you presented. Best of luck.
    Thanks,
    Sidewinder2013

Journal Entries

I'm 51 years young so I may be a bit prejudiced when I say what I'm about to say. I was reading the first paragraph and my first impression was that this person was someone more older, perhaps in their forties or older. The words reflected that the author, just my impression, had been in the world awhile and was now attempting to disconnect. I then arrived at the place in the paragraph when he states his age of 21 y/o. Then I thought, who do I know, even when I was that age or anyone who is that age that speaks or writes in this manner. I then arrived at the photo and where he was from and everything fell into place. No young person in this country speaks like that and so eloquently. Not that I don't love my country or my place of origin, which is the Appalachians because I do. I value everything that Appalachian culture has to give. If you take out the mud in a story and are only left with that which sparkles, you're left with something devoid of character. However, I wish that there were more young folks that could write and speak this way. I look forward to your story, young man.

Thanyou Slarl, that's quite the compliment!

I check back here every so often to see if any one else has stopped by. Happy to see it's gone down well so far . I can hardly believe it was 4 years ago now I did this life changing hike! I still haven't recovered from the lyme disease I picked up, on a long course of antibiotics for it currently, though it might be post-lyme syndrome rather than an active infection, my doctors have opposing views.

Anyway, this post can serve as a bump as there's probably new forum members by now who might want to read my story.

Thanks again for the feedback everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++