WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Four Pines Hostel, near Catawba VA

Joe of Four Pines provided me a shuttle this morning. Arrangements were easily made. Joe was on time. Joe was friendly. Joe works for donations. He suggested a $6 donation (because I asked); I gave him more than $6 (because he deserved it). I recommend Joe: 540-309-8615. [email protected]. FourPinesHostel.com.

Quote Originally Posted by babysue View Post
    joe of four pines provided me a shuttle this morning. Arrangements were easily made. Joe was on time. Joe was friendly. Joe works for donations. He suggested a $6 donation (because i asked); i gave him more than $6 (because he deserved it). I recommend joe: 540-309-8615. [email protected]. Fourpineshostel.com.
    awesome!!!!!

Used Joe back in May for my shuttle as well. Mine cost a good bit more than $6, but he drove me all the way to Bland and I got to park at his place for a week.

Journal Entries

Zeroed there and Joe then slacked me to the next town (Trout/Daleville?) also multiple resupply runs (for fun and necessity) Great guy.

Journal Entries

I loved Joe too and he is really good at Corn Hole!!!!

Great guys running that place, and the Home Place is great. Zeroed there and the only complaint is my tent got stolen by someone, that was on me not paying enough attention to my stuff.
    There's no reward at the end for the most miserable thru-hiker.
    After gear you can do a thru for $2,000.
    No training is a substitute for just going and hiking the AT. You'll get in shape.

Images

I stayed there twice this summer, super nice guy, ran me down to the store twice.

I have never met Joe but I've seen him dropping off hikers at the Homeplace in his van.

This past summer I picked up Tuck's friends at Four Pines Hostel. They shared with me the back story of how Joe started his hostel. He lived less than a 1/2 mile from the trail crossing in Catawba, for years, but didn't know 1 thing about the AT. He saw hikers crossing the road but never thought much about it...until one day!! LOL!

I'm sure he knows more than he wants to know about all things AT, NOW!! Ha Ha... JK...

I stayed with Joe last month, as everyone has said, great guy.....was a bummer that the Home Place was closed the day I was there.

++ New Posts ++