WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default High End Accommodations / B&B Northern Half of PA

I'm bringing the wife along for a stretch in the northern half of PA - from about Palmerton to the NJ border.

I want to break the hike up with a stay somewhere really nice - but ideally within about a kilometer of the AT. Looking for B&B's or nicer hotels (this is part of the trade off for her to come along).

Appreciate any and all input - thanks!

Red Foot

may not be as close as you desire, but there is a resort type facility in Bushkill PA, on PA 209 west of Stroudsburg that was great. 2-3 BR condos with golf course and eating places on site. it was very nice. all amenities seemed to be available. i was able to access the AT all the way to Pemberton with a max 1 hour drive, thereabouts. there was road construction at that time on 209 which was not onerous but may be complete now. hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by kofritz View Post
    may not be as close as you desire, but there is a resort type facility in Bushkill PA, on PA 209 west of Stroudsburg that was great. 2-3 BR condos with golf course and eating places on site. it was very nice. all amenities seemed to be available. i was able to access the AT all the way to Pemberton with a max 1 hour drive, thereabouts. there was road construction at that time on 209 which was not onerous but may be complete now. hope this helps.
    Kofritz - Many thanks for the input - can you clarify how far off the trail this is (best guess). Is it easy walking distance? My plan is to be on-trail as much as possible but to also enjoy some of the comforts of home...

++ New Posts ++