WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default HELP! Is there a propane to Iso-butane adapter on the market for me?

I have seen the ones that convert the "spray-can" style to the iso-threads. Personally, I'm looking for the ones that adapt the "green propane bottles" to fit my Optimus Crux style stove. This is not for an AT hike, but for a base camp type of use. I would really appreciate any info I can get such as the name of one, somewhere I can purchase it, hyper-links, etc. Thanks in advance!
    The hand may be quicker than the eye, but it is often proven that the mouth is a thousand times faster than the brain!

Gipsy

Journal Entries

Journal Entries

A small propane burner would probably be less expensive and safer (fewer joints, heavier built) than a converter. For a few dollars more, one could get a two burner. For a few dollars more, one can get a two burner with oven.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gipsy View Post
    I have seen the ones that convert the "spray-can" style to the iso-threads. Personally, I'm looking for the ones that adapt the "green propane bottles" to fit my Optimus Crux style stove. This is not for an AT hike, but for a base camp type of use. I would really appreciate any info I can get such as the name of one, somewhere I can purchase it, hyper-links, etc. Thanks in advance!
    an alternative

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stansport-20...item1e7f890fd5

Just buy a propane stove on Amazon. Propane is cheap and easy to find. Cheaper and sold more places than isobutane.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by perrymk View Post
    A small propane burner would probably be less expensive and safer (fewer joints, heavier built) than a converter. For a few dollars more, one could get a two burner. For a few dollars more, one can get a two burner with oven.
    I agree - I am sitting here on a limb... and wondering why one would need this... i don't see the savings,,, and if there is any altitude above,,,,7000+ it won't work well.

Gipsy - why do you want this?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by perrymk View Post
    Don't laugh but the small one burner propane stove was my first step into "ultralight" backpacking when I quit carrying the Coleman two burner like a suitcase. No BS, carried like a suitcase everywhere. First hot meal ever on the AT - 1973. Should of brought the oven and had biscuits instead of bread and butter with my beanie-weenies.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Journal Entries

Yes to the OP it seems much better and cheaper just to buy a propane stove then adapt, unless it'sw some strange reality show where you don't know what fuel you will have till you get there and set up.

Journal Entries
    Images

Well awkward,,, I don't see the cost or weight savings. Hey it isn't that important - other than the thread starter.... I did bookmark the adapter!
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Well awkward,,, I don't see the cost or weight savings. Hey it isn't that important - other than the thread starter.... I did bookmark the adapter!
    Me too - book marked the adapter that is. One of these days when I get rich and feel experimental I'd like to put a Jetboil on a propane cylinder and see what happens.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

++ New Posts ++