WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Recommend week long hike in Tennessee/North Carolina

My dad and I are planning about a week long trip in a couple weeks. We were planning on hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, but with the Federal Government shutdown, that might not be an option. Anybody have suggestions for a great hike? We have transportation willing to drop us off and pick us up most anywhere in that area of the trail. Thanks in advance!!

The section of the AT from Deep Gap NC to Fontana Dam NC (85 miles). It's right across the higher elevations of western NC, right up to the Smokies southern boundary.
    virgil

Journal Entries

Park at Fontana Dam, get John from Hike Inn to shuttle you as far south as you want, and you can call him for a pickup as well wherever you want to end, if you dont make it all the way back to the dam for whatever reason.

The NC section beats the GSMNP anyway, seriously.

PArk in hot springs and get a shuttle north and hike south. maybe Erwin? idk how far you plan to hike a day but that is one of my favorite sections. plus hot springs is a cool little town. Another good trip would be up around roan mtn

++ New Posts ++