WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Computer Virus

Images

Default Computer Virus

If you use whiteblaze you obviously have a computer.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/interne...eut/index.html

ZOTOB virus

People need to find something more constuctive to do with their computer skills.

Best fix, stop using Internet Explorer
    Happy Trails
    THE Mule

:ats his FireFox:: I'm telling ya, folks, you gotta get off the MSIE bandwagon and embrace the fox. : )

blarhg -- no edit feature. that's supposed to be a :: Pats his FireFox:: in the beginning there.

Until I complete my study at Gallaudet U. Deafsmart's Avatar

Lightbulb Get a Mac!

Want virus-free? What about strength of UNIX and headache-less workflow? Macintosh can do Windows. Panic of virus and Y2K and computer crash practically non-exist for me. Current Mac OS X "Tiger" is not the same "Classic" OS you used to in your grade school. Five digital applications part ofiLife '05 (value $79), like pre-install current Mac OS (value $129), comes in all new Macintosh computers, from iBook G4 to Power PC G5. What's more if you haven't heard, Apple to Use Intel Microprocessors Beginning in 2006 .

Learn more on how and why switch to Macintosh. To see Ads from Apple's "Switch" Campaign video clips earlier on (Apple expired most of Switchers' stories as time goes on but luckily saved by Dr. Gray of PSU.edu).

I was never a "Switcher;" been using Apple IIC back in 1984, PPC Mac G3, 1998, PowerBook G3 "WallStreet," PPC G4, iMac DV+, PPC Mac G4 Cube (brought in eBay, originally from University of Michigan), and now using my Mom's new Mac Mini, 2005. I used PCs and use Windows and its Programs. Few has woo me but never long-live potential.
    DEAFSMART * /GA\:: /\2006/\ : ;/ME\ :
    While I am about to be struck with this name and this is not trail-given name for me personally, I am more incline for your feedback and comment on what formal trail name should I acquire. Deafsmart, the name came from my grade school days.

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

I just switched to Mozilla Thunderbird for Email (It's FREE folks). It's awesome and nowhere near as finicky as Outlook. I'm never going back. NEVER. mwahaahaha!
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deafsmart
    Want virus-free?

It is just simple numbers. WIndows is the most popular platform. If Mac or Linux was the most popular, most of the viruses would be targeted there.

I use Thunderbird and Firefox on the Mac machine here at work on occassion.

Use a Red Hat box every day at work which is also using Thunderbird and Firefox. My Win2k machine at home uses Thunderbird and Firefox. Give me a shell window to SSH and what more do I need?
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Yellow Jacket
    Images

The biggest problem with firefox is also its greatest feature, lack of ActiveX support. I can't use FF to several work related tasks (share point, MS PSS, Project Server, etc.).

If you do the FF thing, you have to get the Tab Browsing add-on otherwise the default tab-browsing just plain-o-sucks. And Forecast fox (so much better than the lame-o tool tray weather thingys). MSIE7 has tab browsing, though its not a usable as the tab browsing add-on for FF.
    Yellow Jacket -- Words of Wisdom (tm) go here.

Images

Default Don't forget Opera

For those thinking of ditching Internet Explorer, take a look at Opera, too. I've been a happy user for about 5 years. The free version has targeted ads (right now on Whiteblaze, I'm getting a little ad for "Hiking Trails & Maps") that are small and unobtrusive. After a while, you forget they're there.

Real tabbed browsing.

Opera

++ New Posts ++