WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default A Long Trail Virtual Hike

Hello, everyone! =) I completed my Long Trail hike on September 30th, but my blog about it is still going at http://www.AnotherLongWalk.com (Each day on the trail I blog every other day, so the blog will run into November.)

But--it's just another blog. If you've read one, you've read them all.

My main reason for posting, though, is that when I hiked the Long Trail, I took about 3,000 photos along the way and worked them into http://www.walking4fun.com where you can do a virtual hike of sorts along the Long Trail for anyone who's interested in that sort of thing. It's primarily meant to motivate people to walk more, but it allowed people to track how much they walk each day, enter it into the website, then it'll show where you would be on the trail along with photos of the people and places you would have passed along that section.

Anyone thinking about doing a Long Trail hike and wants to try a "virtual" version of the hike might find it useful for training purposes, though. =) And... it's just kind of fun to virtually walk a trail!

-- Ryan

Enjoyed reading your blog, and I saw a familiar face. I was hiking with "Greylock" around 9/6 - 9/7 in the Stratton Mtn section of the LT. Glad to see he's doing well. Love the Long Trail! "Florida Mike"

Images

Great job....takes alot of time to document your hike so well.
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

Images

Congratulations on your finish! Very nice blog - it brings back so many memories of our LT hike this summer. I'll be reading along as you continue to post to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Praha4 View Post
    I was hiking with "Greylock" around 9/6 - 9/7 in the Stratton Mtn section of the LT. Glad to see he's doing well. Love the Long Trail! "Florida Mike"
    Greylock eventually had to get off the trail due to leg injuries, so he didn't make it to the end. I think he got off in Waitsfield.

I followed your register entries the entire trail! Lots of people talked about you. Fire-Eye says you still owe her a beer, and she's not going to forget it! ;o)

-- Ryan

Thanks for the link to the blog!

After reading the Long Trail entries, I can see that doing the 'walking4fun' site is the only way I'm ever going to be doing something like the long trail....heck I just spent the last 3 years working with our local trail club re-routing stuff way easier than the easy stuff so that we didn't HAVE to go straight up and straight down. I'm sticking to the easy-peasy stuff or canoe routes!

++ New Posts ++