WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Put your money where your mouth is

Hello all-
    Not sure if you caught the little blurb on the home page- but WhiteBlaze needs a new server. While the fine operator of this site is too kind to solicit donations at any time, let alone when he actually needs them, I have no shame and no problem doing so.

This is a free site, and unlike NPR, you won't get bombarded with membership drives or frequent thread interuptions begging you to buy Yo-Yo- Mah's complete series of special concerts with homeless street musicians just so you can finish watching Nova. Not only that, but it is highly likely you have learned at least one thing that has made your life better or at the very least saved $5.

So kick in a fiver. My yapping and yammering has to have taken up at least four times the server space of your average WB member- so I sent in $20. All you need to send is five. Click on the home tab, and there is a place right there to do it.

I'm a firm believer in putting your money where your mouth is- and most of your mouths are here. Kick a little in the kitty so we can all continue to hear Lone Wolf diligently work to build the self esteem of hikers everywhere.

For all you fine folks in Lurkerville- join up- yes we bite, but if you don't join you can't bite back- and what's the fun in that. Nobody likes to be dinner.

So, while they wouldn't bug you to pony up your dough- I got no shame. Pay up!

Thanks to all for making this a great site- say thankya back by helping to keep it running.

Just Bill

Minimum donation is $10

Online, but you can send in a check for any amount- maybe you can go thru-hiker style; split the donation and ask for extra towels. OR just donate $10!

Donate $10 and then steal $5 worth of TP from Gator's personal stash!

Now we're talking. Don't forget to use the free washing machine either- IMG_0242.jpg

Ha Ha! LW.. doesn't build the self esteem of any hikers any where. No how, no way! The constant negative stuff about hikers??? .. Good thing most of it isn't true for the majority of AT hikers. If it were true, I'd never hike another day in my life, on the AT, and I'd have NOTHING to do with the hiking community ever again.

Don't forget to mention that if you donate $10.00 you can edit your posts.. that is worth the $, right there.

Lone Wolf is easily one of my favorite people on the site- he's worth $10 alone. But just like PBS- you can get so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Lone Wolf is easily one of my favorite people on the site- he's worth $10 alone. But just like PBS- you can get so much more.
    YuP.... go for it!! I know you "get it"! I love to read ur posts, they are right on & presented in a humorous way too.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    I donated for years. After getting multiple threads killed this season, I am disinclined.
    That happens occasionally on a moderated forum. How many times do you see where forum members ask that threads be killed? Plenty, and many others are reported for violating the TOS and then closed.

I won't be donating next time. Sorry Attroll

Quote Originally Posted by Shmaybix View Post
    Ha Ha! LW.. doesn't build the self esteem of any hikers any where. No how, no way! The constant negative stuff about hikers??? .. Good thing most of it isn't true for the majority of AT hikers. If it were true, I'd never hike another day in my life, on the AT, and I'd have NOTHING to do with the hiking community ever again.

bless your heart

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    bless your heart
    I knew you would love that! Hey- you can't say "Bless your heart" you're not from the south... you're a Yankee, like me! Besides we are in Violet's video together sittin on a bench in Damascus! Cough cough.. so take JB's advice and cough up some dough for this AT lovin forum.

Decided to go Silver when I saw the need. In the short time I have been here, I have learned quite a bit.

Section Hiker

I learn a ton here on WB and will be donating when I get home tonight. I suggest everyone who gets on here does the same. I bet most of us can say we have saved money (sometimes a great deal) from what we've learned on WB--time to cough up some of the savings.

"Your comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.
    "

Northwestern, VA (outside of Harper's Ferry)
    Images

Can we have a "goal" thermometer showing how much more we have to go?
    2,000 miler. Still keepin' on keepin' on.

I saw this when ATTroll first posted, and immediately went to increase my donation amount. I stopped short though when I became concerned about the annual "re-up" of the donation.

MODERATOR: If I redonate, do you hit me twice a year for the full donation amount or can this be a one-time thing? Explain the details please and I'll be happy to contribute to the new server!
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

I just made a donation via paypal, it dint give me an option to leave a note with my screen name. I PM attroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Hello all-
    Not sure if you caught the little blurb on the home page- but WhiteBlaze needs a new server. While the fine operator of this site is too kind to solicit donations at any time, let alone when he actually needs them, I have no shame and no problem doing so.

. . .

Thanks to all for making this a great site- say thankya back by helping to keep it running.

Just Bill
    Thanks for posting, Bill. I missed the notice. Donation complete.
    Merry 2012 AT blog
    "Not all those who wander are lost."

Journal Entries
    Images

OH I saw this coming... the delays the crashes.. but a server is wide open you can spend $300 or $3000 and the one we have is 7 years or more... Perhaps if Atroll would wheigh in with a little more detail... it might happen and to be honest I too am up for renewal and I also have the alligator bites and a loss of feathers.

Going to take a fearless leader to lead. And Sorry John - you are no leader. You are a policeman-and that isn't a bad thing.... you do it very well.
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 10-16-2013 at 20:42.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

I wasn't up for renewal, but donated again anyway. While I may not post a lot, I have learned a ton and when I have questions I usually get them answered. Thanks!
    "Life is pure adventure, and the sooner we realize that, the quicker we will be
    able to treat life as art." Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++