WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Attn: 2013 Thru-hikers (or anyone who had a good stay in Hanover in 2013)

Some of you may know that Hanover has worked very hard in recent years to make the town more hiker-friendly. If you would be willing to email the good folks at the Howe library a photo of yourself from your hike with a few words of thanks or appreciation, it would be a small act that would mean a lot to the members of the community and inspire them to continue providing services for hikers.

Here is a message I received from the directory of the library, who works with the Friends of the A.T. in Hanover.

The Howe Library in Hanover, NH is seeking photos of AT hikers who visited Hanover. They will be posted on our large AT map that features many photos of other hikers. This is part of our AT-appreciation initiative. Please send a photo to [email protected]. Comments are also welcomed/encouraged and will be posted with the photos. Howe Library users greatly enjoy seeing these wonderful pictures.

Laurie Potteiger
    ATC

I can send a few photos of the hikers Snacktime and I met in Hanover on one of our trail magic days. It's not first hand, but they're in Hanover, and they're happy!
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Teacher & Snacktime,

I'm the folks in Hanover would appreciate it!

Laurie

Northwestern, VA (outside of Harper's Ferry)
    Images

I can email a photo too, Laurie. We had a great time in Hanover and enjoyed the Pizza! We also loved that there was a picnic table outside the grocery store. That was our resupply point for the reminder of our trip and that table made it very convenient to portion out the food.
    2,000 miler. Still keepin' on keepin' on.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    I can send a few photos of the hikers Snacktime and I met in Hanover on one of our trail magic days. It's not first hand, but they're in Hanover, and they're happy!
    Hey Teacher and Snacktime!

I received some awesome trail magic from you during my thruhike this year. Hiker Mom was having a NOBO pass out the little bags of goodies. It was a great treat and I wanted to say thank you!

-Salad Days
    Out of step with the world...

My trail blog:
    http://saladdaysonthetrail.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerChef View Post
    I can email a photo too, Laurie. We had a great time in Hanover and enjoyed the Pizza! We also loved that there was a picnic table outside the grocery store. That was our resupply point for the reminder of our trip and that table made it very convenient to portion out the food.
    Awesome, FarmerChef! A picture and a few sentences of appreciation like that will go such a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cro-Mag View Post
    Hey Teacher and Snacktime!

I received some awesome trail magic from you during my thruhike this year. Hiker Mom was having a NOBO pass out the little bags of goodies. It was a great treat and I wanted to say thank you!

-Salad Days
    Aww... thanks for coming back on and thanking Teacher & Snacktime, Salad Days!! Those treat bags are a very well thought out treat bag. So glad you enjoyed it!

Teacher & Snacktime are the BEST!! Teacher is Snacktime's gramma. Snacktime is 11 years old and home schooled by Teacher. She is a great role model for her grandson in showing/teaching him ways to do random acts of kindness. They both love the outdoors and love to hike the AT. I think they have a pic of you with ur treat bag.... Here you go!!

Salad Days.jpg

Special thanks to B-Rocket for handing them out!! Thanks again- Salad Days I bet your thru-hike was great!!

AT - 2013 PCT - 2014
    Journal Entries

I am in. Diddo and I enjoyed our stay in Hanover very much. It is incredible how they have come together to welcome the hikers.

Northwestern, VA (outside of Harper's Ferry)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerChef View Post
    Email sent.
    2,000 miler. Still keepin' on keepin' on.

Images

email sent

Quote Originally Posted by Terry7 View Post
    email sent
    Thanks, Terry (and Farmer Chef, again).

I love to see the way members the Trail community come together and support each other and help make things better for future hikers.

Images

Laurie.jpg Its not Hanover, buts its a good picture.

++ New Posts ++