WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Colorado_Rob,
    What a generous thing to do! Will contact you closer to our departure date in case you are free.
    Lonestar

Images

Quote Originally Posted by CarlZ993 View Post
    Rob - I may give you a holler on down the road. Still planning away.
    Please do, unless you know and are a friend of my Ex, who lives in Autis TX.... :-)

Garlic
    Images

If Rob's not available that day, give me a shout. I just moved back to the area (for all the reasons Dogwood listed). I live near the western terminus of the new light rail line to Golden. If I'm in town, I can get you from there down to Waterton Canyon.

Thank you both for the generous offers. I will definitely contact you as the date get nearer.

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    Please do, unless you know and are a friend of my Ex, who lives in Autis TX.... :-)
    I'm a retired cop from Austin. I think I put her in jail once. (Did that help? )

Images

Quote Originally Posted by CarlZ993 View Post
    I'm a retired cop from Austin. I think I put her in jail once. (Did that help? )
    yes! actually, she and I get along just fine, and Austin is an awesome town (I visited her w/ the kids one holiday). Anyway, back to the thread: Just to reiterate, I'd be glad to give rides around the SW Denver area to CT hikers, I'm usually available Monday-Thursday, some Fridays, usually up in the mountains myself most weekends (including most Fridays). And yes, the downtown REI is awesome, you can get there via. lightrail/bus from DIA (10 minute walk from union station), then easily get to Littleton station from Union station. Looks like the closest RTD bus to Waterton is about 4 miles, from a Highlands Ranch stop just south of Redstone park. I can give anyone that's interested detailed directions on a 4-mile walk from that RTD stop shortcutting through Chatfield state park. There is camping in Chatfield, by the way. Not sure about cost or showers, but easy to check.

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    yes! actually, she and I get along just fine, and Austin is an awesome town (I visited her w/ the kids one holiday). Anyway, back to the thread: Just to reiterate, I'd be glad to give rides around the SW Denver area to CT hikers, I'm usually available Monday-Thursday, some Fridays, usually up in the mountains myself most weekends (including most Fridays). And yes, the downtown REI is awesome, you can get there via. lightrail/bus from DIA (10 minute walk from union station), then easily get to Littleton station from Union station. Looks like the closest RTD bus to Waterton is about 4 miles, from a Highlands Ranch stop just south of Redstone park. I can give anyone that's interested detailed directions on a 4-mile walk from that RTD stop shortcutting through Chatfield state park. There is camping in Chatfield, by the way. Not sure about cost or showers, but easy to check.
    Cool! I'll plan for a weekday arrival. Thanks...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++