WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Letter found on AT in NY

I was hiking last weekend by the NY CT border and came across an interesting letter posted on a info board.

The letter was taped on the glass with camo gorilla tape, and was put there recently.

I photographed the letter and wanted to know more about this guy and the story behind the letter.

Please have a look at the photos below.

Obviously I do not want to start any trouble, I was just kinda taken back by the letter.

Im not the police, just a Dad who hikes with his kids...

Thanks for looking

Images

My head hurts. Shouldn't have attempted to read before copious amounts of coffee.

Images

it takes all kinds, I guess. rant your own rant.

Images

I dont give much concern to these types of things. Bad people are everywhere, which is why I trust my safety in my own hands, not those of the police or others. By doing so I am free to enjoy life on the trail and elsewhere on my terms without stressing over what might happen. Cops are reactive, not proactive.

Now...back to my coffee.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Somewhere in the wilds of Western Massachusetts
    Journal Entries

I'm on my 2nd 16oz. cup & after reading it, the head hurts anyway!
    Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
    Chief Seattle

I think Charles Krauthammer has correctly identified the problem...crazy people. We use to admit them, now that's pretty much impossible until something bad happens. He's not saying we should go back to the same policies, but we need to address this, but the answer will probably involve invasion of someone's civil liberties. So yes, a little going back to the old policies, but who knows how much without seriously addressing this issue.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...6dd_story.html

Or we can just let things continue as they are...

Soooo is he saying was the murderer.....? Or, is he like the murdering version of Robinhood and protecting the poor? Either way. I wish him well.

Journal Entries
    Images

[QUOTE=Pedaling Fool;1815026 but we need to address this...[/QUOTE]

huh?...Address what? What is this Wolfman guy talking about? It sounds like he is admitting to the crime but the police are ignoring him??
    I gotta get my head out of the clouds, but that is where my heart is.

Quote Originally Posted by jburgasser View Post
    huh?...Address what? What is this Wolfman guy talking about? It sounds like he is admitting to the crime but the police are ignoring him??
    If you read my post, I'm talking about the larger picture. However, it seems like the author of this note might be part of that population. Or it could just be a joke. If the author is serious and true then he's just not very smart.

I'm never hiking in the woods by myself.... I live in VA... The ATC should be notified about this, ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Shmaybix View Post
    I'm never hiking in the woods by myself.... I live in VA... The ATC should be notified about this, ASAP!
    Ha, Ha...what are they going to do about it? Even if the author came forward, what is anyone going to do?

That's the point of Charles Krauthammer's article. We don't do anything with mentally disturbed people anymore, all in the name of civil liberties.

There are crazy people everywhere in the city and I'll still go for walks. It is much less of a problem on trails than in any big city.

He is obviously a trail angel we should all be grateful for.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Journal Entries

IDK the person but I do understand the spiritual take that letter is expressing. Some of his points are somewhat valid, the world has such power structures of oppression that can sometimes only be realized and understood spiritually. But he is seems to be in a state of fear, even terror, which normally does not work well with spirituality.

Journal Entries
    Images

What's to know? it's a letter from a Sociopath, left there to scare the bejesus out of the rest of us... Who are ya gonna call?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shmaybix:1815033
    so go ahead notify them

Quote Originally Posted by Pedaling Fool View Post
    Ha, Ha...what are they going to do about it? Even if the author came forward, what is anyone going to do?

That's the point of Charles Krauthammer's article. We don't do anything with mentally disturbed people anymore, all in the name of civil liberties.
    Well, you have made some good points, PF .... there's not a darn thing anyone can do about it until he harms himself or someone else.

The ATC still wants to know about all these people out there. For them, knowledge is power. It is for me as well. I'm not going in the woods by myself & when I go hiking I will be on high alert at all times. I will consider all things in regards to protecting myself and those hiking with me.

Journal Entries
    Images

Attn: Note to self-wait till page two before mentioning Crazies, Nazi's, & guns on the trail. Oh my........ Right Shmaybix?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Shmaybix View Post
    Well, you have made some good points, PF .... there's not a darn thing anyone can do about it until he harms himself or someone else.

The ATC still wants to know about all these people out there. For them, knowledge is power. It is for me as well. I'm not going in the woods by myself & when I go hiking I will be on high alert at all times. I will consider all things in regards to protecting myself and those hiking with me.
    In addition to the ATC, maybe you should contact the Virginia Center for Reverential Coexistence and let them know that one of their minions has escaped, if you can't find the organization then notify the Va. SCC; I'm sure they will point you in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Attn: Note to self-wait till page two before mentioning Crazies, Nazi's, & guns on the trail. Oh my........ Right Shmaybix?
    Right WOO... FYI...I wouldn't consider a g_ _ for protection. That's just me. I fine with everyone else. Let's think positive & believe that everyone will read the post, take it for what it was meant for & move on. That's all I was sayin... I'm really glad that pawlinghiker posted this info. You know me when it comes to the good ole "heads up" posts, I'm a huge fan!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++