WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Doggy Harness

What about booties ??

Squeezebox, I am using musher's wax to keep Champ's pads in good condition. In snowy conditions and if his paws are showing any signs of injury I have dog booties from dogbooties.com. I have never had booties that stayed on so well.

I have finished Champ's custom approach pack and as promised I'm updating with photos. So Champ is wearing a size small ruffwear webmaster but I used saddle bags from a cheap extra small approach pack I was able to get. A sewing machine, webbing, clips, upholstery thread, and more later.. and viola. Champ has given me the seal of approval. He gets excited seeing his new pack, barely moves (but still puffs up like a puffer fish when I go to clip it on), and is polite when I am clipping the saddle bags on. I also switched out the padding on the bottom of the straps for some thicker padding that came with the extra small so reduce chaffing. I guess it took a custom pack to make this pooch happy.

Below is a link to where I found the awesome directions to try modding the pack on my own.

20140220_014007.jpg20140226_154401.jpg20140225_171337.jpg

http://losech.blogspot.com/2012/01/o...55002632772897

And for anyone inquiring.. My sheltie is on the larger size for his breed. He weighs approx 35lbs but is not very heavy for his size. His pack weight is approx 2.7 lbs (hoping to reduce that a bit more) and he'll probably carry his treats. So 3-3.5lbs absolute maximum at any time. I will be carrying his food at all times which adds up in my pack. (2 cups of food a day)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++