WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    ...How are you adhering the felt to your mug, what product?
    No adhesive (I wanted to be able to remove the felt for cleaning or other uses). I found that 1/4" carbon felt stretches much more than you'd expect, but doesn't have the elasticity to go back to original size. I first sewed it so it was a very slightly snug fit on the 10cm, but it became very very loose with no handling. So I ended up pulling and stretching as tight as I could - twice - and sewed it up that way to keep it snug.

So far it's working. If it loosens up too much next time out, I'll try something else - but I like the felt. It stays slightly warm with hot liquid, easy to nest, and makes for a very quiet kit when it's packed up in 'deluxe' mode (taking both Imusas instead of just 1).

Images

Quote Originally Posted by brancher View Post
    No adhesive (I wanted to be able to remove the felt for cleaning or other uses). I found that 1/4" carbon felt stretches much more than you'd expect, but doesn't have the elasticity to go back to original size. I first sewed it so it was a very slightly snug fit on the 10cm, but it became very very loose with no handling. So I ended up pulling and stretching as tight as I could - twice - and sewed it up that way to keep it snug.

So far it's working. If it loosens up too much next time out, I'll try something else - but I like the felt. It stays slightly warm with hot liquid, easy to nest, and makes for a very quiet kit when it's packed up in 'deluxe' mode (taking both Imusas instead of just 1).
    Interesting to see that pulling and stretching helped stabilize it. good solution.

The felt so far is the only thing that has worked for me. Just recently tried 4 inch diameter discs. They are easy to hold onto and have a good "feel" about them when grabbing the hot handle on the mugs. I need to make a video of them when in actual use to show how they shield against the heat rising under the handle.

Take a look at them:

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/carbon-...ot-grabber.php

Images

I brought a copy of this post over from the cooking forum. It's egg and mug related baking also

I love eggs big time. I eat them prepared any which way I can

I found a stainless steel condiment pan thingy at a local "Dollar Store" that works awesomely well with the 10cm Imusa Mug. I put 2 holes in the pan to allow steam to enter to enhance/speed up the cooking time, whoooo, works awesome.

The pan also works well for baking. I use a mix called the 321 which is a mix for Microwaving a quick sweet treat. The mix consists of angle food and regular cake mixes.

Back to the eggs. I use a few drops of olive oil as a release medium to prevent sticking to the pan. I put in a half inch of water in the mug and start it to boiling. I put the pan of 3 eggs onto the top of mug when I see the little bubbles beginning to form. I then put the lid on and cook for 6 min. Remove from heat, add a little margarine, pepper and salt and best of all.....eat

3 eggs cooked in 6 min. Works for me

Just wanted to add that I would also be interested in a 12cm version of the lid if you ever get the time!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    Just wanted to add that I would also be interested in a 12cm version of the lid if you ever get the time!
    Ok, the 12cm is on my list of things to do Thank you for your interest.

Images

I have 4 mugs left. Won't have this special offer again. Don't have any plans to get more mugs till late fall.

Take advantage of this extended great deal.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/imusa-mug-10cm-lids.php

I've needed a reason. Now I've got one. Thanks.

I'll take one. Going back to the "Add to Cart' right now.

Thanks!

Images

Thank you, now we have two left.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++