I just wanted to update folks on our current snowpack levels, for anyone thinking of starting a SWBO on the CT this year. We just recently got pounded again, 1-2 feet of accumulation in the mountains (6" here at my house in Denver).

Here is a map:

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/ftpref/...epctnormal.pdf

The concern area involves the cyan, blue and purple triangles NE of Leadville where the CT gets high. I think these high snow levels, at least at this point, would make a mid-June start problematic. I still think late June should be OK. Who knows, if we get no more May snow at all (highly unlikely), things might clean up a bit faster.

I have a buddy from Ohio coming out on or about the 18th to hit the trail from Denver, probably a tad early. But he has the luxury of having me come get him in, say, Breckenridge and going off to do some other things for a week or so while the trail clears up a bit.

Just an FYI, I'll update in a few weeks. We're heading up to the Leadville area this weekend for some climbing, I'll get an actual look at the conditions, though I expect to see nothing but white right now.