Hi, we're looking for someone to shuttle us and provide resupply as we're in a pretty unique situation:

We're a young family (2 adults, 2 kids- 5yo and 3yo). This will be our first year back doing long distance hiking after a 5 year hiatus (notice the correlation with our oldest's age *grin*), and we're finally getting back to a long time passion of ours. Back, pre kids, we did a half winter thru-hike in 2005 (1300mi -time off before we had to get back to work) and we've been doing back country trips ever since. Our kids have been going canoe camping since they were 8 months old, and have been doing daytripping since they could walk.... BUT... given that we'll be carrying 4 people's weight on 2 people's shoulders, and that the mini-munchkins are not mile-eating crazy beasts (we're thinking they'll be able to average 5mi/day), resupplies will be very difficult, even with towns relatively close together and not too far off the trails.

And that's where the need for someone to resupply us and shuttle my husband back to the car become key.

Does anyone know people that shuttle? We would be looking for two resupplies to an AT road crossing 5 days apart, and a shuttle for my husband to Damascus 5 days after the second resupply (I will contact interested party with dates) in the last two weeks of June. Ideally, we'd be able to contact the person the night before the resupply to arrange the location since we don't know how far we'll be able to walk. Though our kids have been raised with hiking and the woods in their blood, sometimes I feel like we're herding cats. My guess is the final distance from Damascus would be between 60mi and 120mi.

(Also, how is cell reception in that area on the AT? Ahhh, the questions and concerns we never had when it was just us.)

Thanks so much for your help!