I'm being encouraged by family to get out there to do this. However I'm only 75% crazy signing up for the 75 miles. This will be totally a new experience BUT not new to appreciation for the outdoors and distance running. Wandering around in the woods is part of my forte' being a land surveyor for 25 years...plus a good base for distance running via half-marathons so we r almost good to go. But add sustainability of food, water, shelter for that distance within that time is the challenge! So I'm registered and gearing up.

Congrats to the NCT for hosting....

So looking for some handy advice.. My pack weight with all gear and food is strictly limited to 25lbs plus 32oz. for water. Is this realistic? Not ready for ultralight... I will want some "luxury".. I.e. Bivy tent with bag and pad...already have all this..

Since I'm givin 50 hours, I'll take advantage of every minute - planning breaks, sleep, and adding miles accordingly.

Mostly looking forward to being "out there"..

Still need to purchase a set of treads (foot ware). Any similar to LaSportiva's without the sticker shock? I know with work boots - quality is what you pay for...

Also looking for advice on Coffee.. I'll have an Esbit but instant coffee won't do...

I have 3 overnight hikes in the works prior to this event, so I'll test my systems in advance..

Thanks!!

Sorry to say the event is filled to capacity...