Hi there. Let me first say that if nothing changes we are going to go from Front Royal to Rockfish Gap in 7 days. This is probably my eighth or ninth section hike. I'm coming from Florida just as an FYI. We'll be there the last week of April.

My question is should I go for a more spectacular section in VA? I'm flying in to Dulles so that's why I'm trying to stick with VA. I have seven days between flights and want to make the most of this trip. A couple of years back we did the Damascus section and the Grayson Highlands. That was probably the prettiest section I've done to date. I've started at Front Royal and gone south for a couple/few days ( maybe 35 miles into shenandoah). I've done Tinkers cliffs and Mcafee. We did PenMar to harpers ferry on another trip. I don't necessarily have to stick to just AT hikes, but I do like the sense of accomplishment that comes with knocking out sections without looping. At my current pace I am not concerned with piecing all of my AT hikes together to complete the AT. I get maybe 7 days of hiking in per year.

So I guess what I'm looking for is people's opinions on a good seven day trek ( 60-100 miles is about what I'm looking for ). Sorry for blathering on but wanted to give some background info on what I've done and what I think I can handle.

Thanks in advance for reading and your input.