So my husband and I used to do a lot of backpacking together and then we had a child who became a teenager and didn't like to backpack. So the old tent eventually got used for car camping and stuff and then decommissioned due to wear and tear. I bought a BA UL1 a few years back because I decided I would go solo if we couldn't go as a couple. Now our son is approaching the point where he will be moving out and self supporting (maybe 2 years?) and we are getting back into backpacking as a couple.

My husband is 6'3" and I am 5'3". We are still newlyweds (22 years last may) and we like our privacy and our space. We are planning on doing a thru hike in a couple years but will be able to get out and do some long-ish hikes before then. I was looking at tents and considering the Zpacks Triplex, both for now and for a thru hike. We are considering a triplex for all the "extra room" in case we want to sleep in later, spend a rainy day not hiking but not in town, etc. The cost isn't a factor so long as it has the value we are looking for - space, lightweight, durability with care, etc.

So I am looking for anyone who thru hiked (any long trail) with another person in the same tent and which tent you used-pros and cons, etc. Specifically looking at this size because of my husband's height.

Thanks for any feedback!