The combination of the plane crash thread in GSMNP and the Mass. hiker who perished revealed some really ugly Monday morning quarterbacking in this forum. The criticism came so quick I am fairly sure it started before the ill-fated plane even hit the ground. Everyone and their brother has chimed in on the carelessness shown in both tragedies. To be sure- Enough facts have not been released in either case to make any assumptions on what really happened. Period. In the end we should show some remorse and offer similar situations we have found ourselves in so that others may learn.

And along the same thought...Since when did we, as a group of adventurers, get so damn judgey? HYOH has always been about doing what we do in the way we want to do it. We have all made mistakes, some more epic than others. But we learn something from it and move forward. Many an adventurer have said that the real fun, sport, adventure, challenge only starts when stuff goes wrong. I am not advocating carelessness, but I am saying lets not flame away on people who made mistakes similar to ones we have made and just didn't get a good outcome.