Hello! This is my first post here on WB. I've been reading quite a bit here about all the different tents and shelter systems available, and I think my questions are a little more basic. I'll explain:

So I've been backpacking for years now, and all of my hear is much heavier than it needs to be. Currently I've been using an Easton Rimrock 1P tent, which weighs 50 oz. The idea of cutting that weight almost in half delights my middle-aged hiking legs on week-long trips on the trails.

I like the idea of ditching poles and using my hiking poles, but what tradeoff am I making against wind and rain?
Silnylon is lighter than what I have, and less expensive than cuben tents, but how badly does it stretch when it gets wet? (re-adjusting my pitch through a rainy night is not my idea of late-night entertainment.)
Double wall tents are a defense against interior wetness due to condensation, but are modern single-wall tents better vented to produce less of a condensation risk?

I think getting those concerns answered will get me started (and spark more detailed questions about different models/designs). Thanks everyone.