Usually there's a running thread each year for us section hikers, and I hadn't seen one yet so thought I'd get it going. Who's knocking some sections out this year, and what sections? Anyone planning to finish this year?

I'll get this started. I just did GSMNP last week, Fontana to Standing Bear hostel. Had a great trip. Saw a mother bear and cub just 2 miles into the hike...first time I've ever seen a bear go up a tree in person. The interior of GSMNP, especially the 8 or so miles after Newfound Gap going North are phenomenal. I had low expectations primarily because prior to the trip I was focused on having to stay in the shelters, and I don't care for sleeping in them...prior to GSMNP I had only slept in 3 in over 1,600 miles of sectioning the AT. Anyway, I got over it, met some cool people and saw a bunch of cool stuff. So it was all good.

As for the rest of this year the plan right now is to finish NH and get a little ways into ME later in the summer. We'll see how that goes after getting my rear handed to me last year up there.