Thursday, October 12, I was on top of the world... well, I was on the Appalachian Trail climbing up and over some serious rocks climbs at Lehigh Gap, PA. I had been struggling with some chest discomfort and fatigue; however, I wasn’t having any problems as long as the terrain was fairly flat but... duh! You is in da mountains boy! After pushing Southbound for five days and 70 miles into my planned 200 mile hike I decided it was time to abort this journey and get checked out.
Fast forward two weeks... this coming Thursday, October 26 I will undergo heart bypass (3 or4) surgery. I am blessed to have discovered this before any more serious issues occurred. No heart attack or any signs of heart damage... just need some new plumbing.
I know I have some recovery time coming but I'm still planning smaller sections hike and look forward to hitting the trail again. One thing cool is that I had two mail drops at the Doyle that I couldn't get so I had been running into this SOBO (Astro) for a couple days and offered it to him.... I called the Doyle and they were cool and he picked them up a couple of days later.... real trail magic!