I have carried a TT Strato2 since 2010. Have put well over 1500 miles on the strato and over 120 nights in it over the past 7 years. But it is time to either look at a replacement of a new strato or time to give the duplex a chance. Since both tents are of about the exact same design it is a pretty good apples to apples comparison IMO.

Reason for new tent: The inner mesh has started to deteriorate, and the stitching is starting to unravel on the tarp. It has not failed me yet, but I want to head off the issue before it does fail me in the field.

Where my head is at:
Duplex:
1.6 lbs. lighter Big weight savings opportunity which is hard to come by these days in my pack kit.
Something different
Easier to get in and out of then the Strato 2??

Tarptent:
Loyalty to the company
$265 less then Duplex
More durable material?
Already have 7 years experience with product/ Pitching variables
quite versatile (although as I have stated previously in posts, gear versatility is not a HUGE concern for me, but being able to take the mesh inner out has always been intriguing to me however I have never used this without the mesh.

My biggest variable is: Am I going to be just as happy with the duplex as I have been with the Strato2, while reaping the benefits of a 1.6 lb weight savings. Cost of product is low on the list of variables. I use my tent often, so I can justify the expense of either tent.

My safe side is telling me go with a new strato2
My curious, spender side tells me go with the duplex