WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A face With The Name

I know a lot of folks may enjoy the elusiveness of using a screen name while others such as Tipi Walter, myself, AnotherKevin comes to mind from his avatar, don't mind if folks see what we look like. I am friends with several on Facebook from the Whiteblaze community, and have run in to several on the trail, and several have recognized me while they see me on the trail while I may not have known what they look like. As well when I started hiking the trail prior to knowing of this "Shuttle List" rigamarole I got several rides off of WB, and when they would get to the pickup point they would shout out "Ok where is Gambit!" Its a fun time running into people you have talk to and putting a face with the name helps do so. I will start the greetings off with a picture taken just outside of Brevard, NC last weekend when Myself (Picture Right) and Ms. Gambit (Center) went to visit one of our best friends, and my best hiking partner(Picture Left) for the weekend. After playing cards all night we drove up to Black Balsam at 4am for a sunrise and we were not disappointed. It was the first time Ms. Gambit has gotten a glimpse into my element and she was so happy to experience it. It was indeed a great weekend!

IMG_9802.JPG

This was on our way back down Black Balsam and we both liked it, she snuck the picture in on me but I'm Glad she did!
    IMG_9867.JPG

My hikin buddy and I are bantering back and fourth all the time. He's a big camera guy so pic 1 I am giving the thumbs up for being with a pro picture taker
    IMG_9816.JPG

Ms. Gambit: "Al grab Chris for a picture" - Al Grabs Chris for a photo...Ms. Gambit:
    IMG_9821.JPG

Our "serious" picture
    IMG_9822.JPG

Hope others will enjoy posting and shedding some light on their lives past the week in week out trail talk and shuttle info
    Last edited by Gambit McCrae; 08-02-2018 at 11:30.
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

++ New Posts ++