WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adventure Trekker/Science Geek
    Images

Question Looking ahead: hiring vehicle support for 2021 thru-hike.

It seems 2021 is the best opportunity I have to do a thru-hike, but even then I will be in the middle of an off-trail project that will demand a lot of my attention, thus making regular, reliable communications and internet manditory. Not to mention I simply will not have the time to deal with devices that have no charge, hitchhiking, walking all over towns for resupply, or much else... Subsequently, I want to hire an individual (perhaps couple) to handle all that for me. I'll provide an RV for us, and you'll be a dedicated trail angel for me and any other hiker who happens to be there. Mad chef skills are ideal cuz I'm gonna want you to feed me. I'll probably do a lot of slack pack'n so one can expect to be bound pretty close to the trail throughout the season.

Anyway, figured never too early to start fishing on that, so there it is.

Edit:
    I cover your cost of living: food, camp sites, hotels (when I sleep in one), gas, laundry, beer...covered. On top of that, I throw in a decent salary for running my errands, being my chauffeur, and being my chef. (-a good home cooked breakfast up to 5 days a week, and up to 5 dinners a week. I'll mostly fend for myself for lunch, providing there's leftovers. I like to eat out a lot, so we'll be doing that a fair amount too, particularly when I can find some decent sushi. Bottom line on that is you're on the hook for 10 meals a week, but it will probably look more like 7 or less meals most weeks.)

I've hiked a third of the AT. I have well over 5k "trail" miles on me, though much of that was off trail in true wilderness. I also have over 5k miles experience in kayaking expeditions, and another 5k+ on various bike tours, so I kinda know what I'm getting myself into, as well as how to best meet my needs throughout it. ...While I appreciate the different approaches, I've already settled on this one; thanks though.
    Last edited by Rift Zone; 12-19-2018 at 01:04. Reason: expand
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible." -Feynman

++ New Posts ++