I'm heading out next week on an easy, three day backpacking/camping trip and I thought I'd take an alcohol stove this time. I have a box of homemade alchy stoves . . . everything from the simple cat stove with the two rows of punched holes like Skurka used to use to jetted stoves made from aluminum stadium beer bottles to homemade "Fancee Feest" stoves and even a "penny stove" from Tinny at Mini Bull Designs that doesn't use a penny to cover the fill hole but uses a threaded thumbscrew.

When I was organizing my stuff for the trip I couldn't find my box of stoves. I saw Zelph just announced a $16 deal on his Fancee Feest stove which included a fill bottle and one ounce measuring cup with $4 shipping so I thought, why not.

it looks almost exactly like my homemade version but he must have some magic mojo because I could never quite get two cups to boil on 1/2 ounce of alcohol whereas, his did it in about 6 minutes 20 seconds and burned for almost another full minute.

So, here's my burning question: What do you think Zelph does with all the cat food?