I got back 5 days ago from a hiking trip on the AT with my daughter in New Hampshire from Hanover to Lincoln. The second last day, we hiked over Moosilauke together, and on the last day (July 15th) I hiker alone over the Kinsmans.

The night after Moosilauke, I woke up at 3 AM and my feet were hot and felt swelled up. I put on compression socks and that helped. I hiked the Kinsman the next day in the compression socks also.

5 days later, my feet are still bothering me. This only happened once before and that was in July 2018 when I also hiked in the Whites. Between then I hiked several times including 20+ miles days and no issues. It is like the Whites bring it on, but nowhere else.

I am also experiencing general itchiness. Has anyone experienced symptoms like this? If so, how long did they last? Otherwise I am in very good health. I am 49 and not on any medication. I exercise nearly every day, but not getting any younger.

My wife is concerned that this is indictative of a bigger issue. The last time it happened it went away in a few days. It has only been 5 days but it seems worse than last year. Please let me know if anyone else goes through this. Thanks in advance.