Hi All, I am trying to locate a blue blaze I did back in 2002 in the Priest Wilderness. A friend and I were doing 5 week section hike of most of VA south of SNP and on one of our sections we ended up doing was a blue blaze around the Priest. I have looked on recent maps of the area and cannot find the blue blaze we did. I think it may be long gone but its just stuck in my mind. It was early spring ahead of the bubble and we were not equipped for the weather conditions up on the Priest. It was around 20 degrees, snowing with patches of ice and high winds when we crossed what I believe is RT 56 Tye River. Somewhere not that far into the woods we came to a signed junction with a blue blaze that bypassed the Priest. It slabbed the slopes of the Priest and eventually it ended up in the drainage below the Priest Shelter and came out at the shelter. Generally when we were down south we stuck to the maps and for us to do a blueblaze we would have had to be fairly certain where we ended up. I pulled out the map I used at the time (Map #5) of Virginia and I don't see a trail. I do see a silver creek in the general area but don't think we were that low on the slope. So can anyone familiar with this area back then can confirm if there was at one point a blue blaze to skip the Priest?

BTW, since we sectioned over a 10 year period we missed a few gaps along the trail which occurred when the trail was "officially closed" including the Standing Indian section that was closed due to a hurricane that nailed Franklin TN. We went back down south after we had made it down to Springer and keyswapped the missing sections including the Priest on a far nicer day.