Hi All, It's been a while since I've posted..2014..I had life stuff get in the way of my section hikes and been out of backpacking for a while. I also have developed some back problems resulting from a scoliosis in my mid back. I have been afraid that would allow me to get about half way on a section hike and then be miserable for the rest of a trip and have had other life changes that kept me from trying again. I'm a small framed woman in her late 50's..still in reasonable shape other than my back. Issues for me in the past have been my feet getting torn up and just hurting..but it's hard to get really fit section hiking..seems like you just get started and get sore from the exercise and then it's over.

Anyway, what I wanted to ask about is this..how much of the trail for you all who have hiked it all, could a backpack trailer realistically be used? I'll post a link to the thing..it's a cool idea for us older or crippled up folks IF It works well enough to save us having to haul it up and down, etc. I've section hiked the entire AT from I40 to Springer and a some of the trails around Damascus..so I know that area somewhat and think a trailer would be good most of the time. After looking at pics of Pennsylvania and Maine, i can see there'd be a good bit of hauling it involved (it can be packed) ..but maybe not all the time?

Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts if something like this would be helpful or a huge liability for an older hiker with physical issues. It will add about 10 lbs if I'd have to carry it. I guess hiking trollies/trailers are really taking off in Europe and this is one of the first offered in the US. It's new to me and I've never seen one..so thought I'd research it a bit.

Thanks!

https://hipstar.net/features/