I am looking to for some advice for the following requirements:
- A simple 2-day/1-night backpack, somewhere in GSMNP, mid-week, late April
- Neither of us have ever been to this area before, so anything is on the table, although we would prefer something with minimal people
- Not at all necessary for it to involve the AT
- Leaving from Nashville early on Day 1, so this should be the shorter day of hiking? (Staying somewhere near the park at the end of Day 2)
- Camp somewhere secluded (probably not a shelter?), since we'll be on a honeymoon...

One idea (via some research) I see is to do a Rocky Top loop from Cade's Cove Campground:
- Day 1: ~6mi to Spence Field area from Cade's Cove (via Cade's Cove Horse Trail, Anthony Creek Trail, and Bote Mountain Trail)
- If there are some good spots to camp in this area(?), drop our packs and summit Rocky Top and maybe Thunderhead Mountain (Dinner? Sunset?)
- Day 2: ~9mi back to Cade's Cove via the ridge, SB on the AT for 3mi to Russell Field area, then the Russell Field Trail to Anthony Creek Trail
Any thoughts on this idea? Specifically, nice camping spots? Direction of the loop?

Any other ideas?

Any other gotcha's? Do we need permits? Weather/conditions? I 100% need a bear canister, right?

Thanks!