WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Dont buy into hype BS that excuses problematic health consequences of the SAD, junk food binging, or the common AT dietary modality. They are excuses to further poor unhealthy off trail dietary habits/addictions(yes, there's this thing called eating disorders/eating behavioral addictions, maybe some have heard of it) on trail. It's not hard, bulky or shartty tasting to make healthier food choices at home and on trail particularly in the food abundant U.S. At least 6 if not all 10 of the 10 top causes of death in the U.S. are linked to dietary causality. These top 10 account for about 75% of all U.S. deaths. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...#heart-disease The consequences somehow don't suddenly magically disappear because one claims to be on a thru hike or is a hiker. This is blunt, but the health issues of the U.S. pop is partly a result of ignoring dietary quantity and quality evident in the most common diseases. And, don't expect the western medical system to offer much advice on nutrition as it is vastly ignored as it's main pillars it focuses are disease management, surgeries, and meds. Nor should one totally rely on bought out state and Federal gov't agencies.

It's a gross misconception eating like a pig, ignoring that food is more than calories is without repercussions just because thru hikers or runners are highly active.
    Have to agree crappy diet off trail youlll have a crappy diet on trail.. I eat meat and yes vegtables.IT seems most say buy as you go unless you have a dietary requirment..Yeah its called not eating garbage. Such as a ton of sugar..I am ok with beans meat veggies..Do people go for the cheapest thing since they spent so much on gear wheres that figured in...I just take it as theyre ok eating aton of sugar. I Just joined Backpacking foodie and as you pointed out her meals are a vegan style but you can add your own meat to a dish . SEe how this improves recovery and output...
    My love for life is quit simple .i get uo in the moring and then i go to bed at night. What I do inbween is to occupy my time. Cary Grant

Quote Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
    Have to agree crappy diet off trail youlll have a crappy diet on trail.. I eat meat and yes vegtables.IT seems most say buy as you go unless you have a dietary requirment..Yeah its called not eating garbage. Such as a ton of sugar..I am ok with beans meat veggies..Do people go for the cheapest thing since they spent so much on gear wheres that figured in...I just take it as theyre ok eating aton of sugar. I Just joined Backpacking foodie and as you pointed out her meals are a vegan style but you can add your own meat to a dish . SEe how this improves recovery and output...
    The thing is, it's not real often you have access to a full service grocery store. So, a majority of your meals end up coming out of Dollar General stores, which are pretty much everywhere now. Knorr sides and tuna ends up being your main meal.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    The thing is, it's not real often you have access to a full service grocery store. So, a majority of your meals end up coming out of Dollar General stores, which are pretty much everywhere now. Knorr sides and tuna ends up being your main meal.
    sl go en i do the same thing you do with chocalte milk when i hit a store lots of protein and it repairs mucles.I did the resupply in Dollar general ITs hit or miss. SO I am back to making meals before hand and shipping them., Before people say you have no choice in your meals.WEll when I was in the military I had zero choice in my food.SO I can deal with shipping. Like I said did it come down to price or was it easy way out...
    My love for life is quit simple .i get uo in the moring and then i go to bed at night. What I do inbween is to occupy my time. Cary Grant

++ New Posts ++