I wear eyeglasses and occasionally find myself in need of an eyeglass screwdriver. I seldom have one handy, so I decided to make one as an accessory to something I usually have handy, my small Classic Swiss Army pocket knife.

I am aware that an eyeglasses screwdriver is available to fit in the corkscrew of a larger Swiss Army Knife. There are two problems with this. First, I seldom carry a larger SAK. Second, the corkscrew screwdriver is a bit awkward for me to use, at least with my eyeglasses. One has to angle it a bit and this is awkward for tightening the screw.

I realized I seldom, if ever, use the tweezers in my SAK. Since I made a convenient tweezer sheath that holds a much better pair of tweezers, I am even less likely to use the small SAK tweezers. I shopped around and found there is a fire starter flint that is intended as a replacement tool for the tweezer (or toothpick) of the SAK. I ordered the flint, did some filing, and soon had an acceptable screwdriver that conveniently snugs a loose screw on my eyeglasses.

toolss.jpg fronts.jpg sides.jpg